𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

ʟᴇɪʟᴀɴɪ ᴍᴀʜᴇʟᴏɴᴀ

For the next two weeks, Santiago and I sat in his office daily and had lunch. We talked and laughed. And we learned a lot about each other.

"I can't lie, I'm hopping on the ship train," Danny says.

"Eh, I still feel like he's playing her," Camille responds.

Danny rolls his eyes. "Name a time Mr. Alvaro has had lunch with his assistant."

"Last year, he had lunch and dinner with Crystal Andrews," Camille points out. "Then the next day, she told us she was putting in her two weeks' notice."

"Yeah, but that was because Crystal was a slut. Leilani isn't a slut. Crystal gave it up after one meal, and Leilani has had several meals. And he bought her a necklace.," Danny retorts.

I chuckled at their silliness. "Guys, I am not going to fornicate with my freaking boss. I am not like his other assistants."

"Yeah, clearly," Danny laughs. "Remember how mad he got when he thought me and you might start fucking in the storage closets?"

I hide my face in my hands while my face breaks out in a red blush. "I'm still mortified about that."

"You're telling me Mr. Alvaro doesn't have a gaydar?" Camille asks, clicking through something on her laptop.

Danny rolls his eyes. "For your information, I am a connoisseur of every treat the world has to offer. Men, women, and everything in between."

Camille laughs and rolls her eyes.

"Hey Cami, did you hear Evelyn is back?" Danny asks and Camille suddenly shuts her computer and leans in.

"You're serious?" Cami asks, hushing her voice. "I thought she was supposed to be in London for another few months."

"That's what the word was, but Nora told me she picked Evelyn up from the airport yesterday."

My eyebrows crinkle in confusion. "Wait, who's Evelyn?"

"Evelyn is the most stylish, amazing, gorgeous, successful woman you will ever meet," Danny says.

Wow, what an entrance.

"She went to college with the founders of the company. She was especially close to Mr. Alvaro," Camille says. "Rumors flew around that they were dating and neither of them ever shut it down. She could do things no other employee is allowed to do."

I slump back in my seat. A beautiful, stylish, successful woman who could've potentially dated Santiago.

Amazing.

Danny laughs. "Don't look so sad, gorgeous. She's got nothing on you."

"Yeah. You are way more prettier than she is. And nicer too," Camille adds.