CHAPTER 1 - Echaos of Rain

DISCLAIMER:This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

As the rain poured down over the streets of Sydney, Abigail sat alone in her dimly lit apartment, her thoughts drifting back to memories of Miguel—the man she once loved and the one she had finally learned to let go.

----

The patter of rain against the windowpane stirred memories of their last meeting, five long years ago, beneath the shelter of their favourite coffee shop's awning. Abigail could still recall the warmth of Miguel's hand in hers, his earnest gaze searching hers as he delivered the news that would change everything.

"I've been offered an opportunity overseas," Miguel's voice echoed in Abigail's mind, his words a distant reminder of the distance that had torn them apart. "It's a chance of a lifetime, but it means I'll have to leave."

Abigail's heart had clenched at the memory back then, but now, as she sat in her apartment surrounded by the comforting hum of the city, she felt a sense of peace wash over her. In the five years since Miguel had left, Abigail had learned to rebuild her life without him, finding solace in her work as a software developer and the friendships she had forged along the way.

With a wistful smile, Abigail wiped away the last traces of tears from her eyes, no longer haunted by the ache of his absence. She had come to accept that some loves were meant to be fleeting, like raindrops falling from the sky, leaving only ripples in their wake.

As the rain continued to fall outside, Abigail rose from her seat and made her way to the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air. With each step, she felt a newfound sense of freedom wash over her, a reminder that life was full of endless possibilities, even in the midst of loss.

And so, as Abigail brewed herself a cup of coffee and settled into her favourite chair by the window, she looked out at the rain-soaked streets below with a sense of hope in her heart. For the first time in years, she felt ready to embrace whatever the future held, knowing that she was no longer lost without him, but found within herself.

As dawn broke, casting a golden hue over the city skyline, Abigail stirred from her thoughts and rose from her chair. With a stretch and a yawn, she made her way to her bedroom to begin her morning routine.

The familiar rituals of getting ready for work brought a sense of normalcy to Abigail's day. She showered, dressed, and tidied up her apartment, the gentle rhythm of her actions grounding her in the present moment.

With a final glance in the mirror, Abigail adjusted her hair and grabbed her bag, ready to face the day ahead. Stepping out into the cool morning air, she felt a renewed sense of purpose coursing through her veins, a determination to make the most of each moment.

As she made her way to the office, the rain had finally subsided, leaving behind glistening pavement and a fresh scent in the air. With each step, Abigail felt a sense of gratitude for the beauty of the world around her, a reminder that even in the midst of life's challenges, there was always something to be thankful for.

Arriving at her desk, Abigail greeted her colleagues with a warm smile, ready to dive into another day of work. As she settled into her tasks, she couldn't help but feel a sense of pride in how far she had come since the days of her heartache.

And so, as the day unfolded before her, Abigail embraced each moment with a newfound sense of purpose and determination, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, she was ready to face them head-on.