Chapter 1: Old Friends

" It may be kind of sudden, but , please, I want your honest opinion."

"Are people equal or not ?" I asked the man beside me.

Without turning his  head, the man replied,

"Kiyotaka, don't bother me ,while I am driving?"

"Ah come on , this is my last question before our separation."

" Haahh, Don't be so dramatic." giving a sigh, the man shut me up.

15 min later :

       Gradually, I saw big gate formed from natural rock. Many young boys and girls dressed in school uniform were passing through the gate.

As, the gate was close, I tried to open the door of our car. But, instead of stopping the car , the man drive it to the parking area, which was atleast 500m from the gate.

Aaaahh, I really hate this rule-abiding geezer.

"Don't keep staring at me and get off the car. And, rules are important."

Almost guessing my thoughts, the man used his usual catchphrase.

Getting off the car, we started to walk to the School gate.

          Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, or in short ANHS , created with the purpose of nurturing the future leaders, currently, is the best school in Japan. This would be my school from now on.

After reaching the school gate, we stopped for a moment.

   "Kiyotaka , as your father, I could only say this to you that , Be a good student." the man , no , my Dad said with stern voice.

"Hmm-Hmm ." I replied with just my head nodding.

"Haahhh, just , what can I do with this child." with a long sigh ,he said.

"Dad, you did not answered my previous question." I asked.

After a long pause, instead of answering , he asked.

"Why are there only a few students ,who came through own transport?"

Though , the question is not quite relative, but I understand his reason.

Seeing my silence , a little smirk formed on Dad's face.

  "Yes, but , we all should strive for equality, as everyone were given a chance." He said.

"At any case , Take care of yourself , and don't eat ice cream often. Though I doubt whether you will." He added with a little sarcasm.

Facing him , I said with a little smile," I will try." Both knowing that it was an empty statement.

Again, it become quiet.

Breaking the awkward silence, dad said.

"Well, then Goodbye Kiyotaka . I am going to meet Sakayanagi for a while." Saying this , he turned to the building which seems to be Chairman's office.

These man is totally not honest with his feeling.

As he is already a little far, I said in a loud voice, "Dad, see you in three years."

He paused for moment, and turned back.

Finally , I departed from that man ,showing a small smile.

" I will miss you too."

Really what can I do with this boy. Now, my eyes are becoming wet.

Wiping my tears, I slowly walked to the Chairman's office.