PROLOGUE: UNIDENTIFIED SUBJECT #2434

"Selen, there's someone from HeavEN who...wants to discuss something, I'm not sure at all," Rosemi Lovelock scrambled in through the door, catching her breath. Selen Tatsuki looked up, "What? HeavEN?"

Both of the researchers looked at Petra Gurin, a patient, or rather, a subject in the facility. HeavEN has been in charge of Petra's special section of her socialisation programme. VTubing.

Petra blinks, "I-I don't think I've done anything bad lately. Just normal streams, right?"

"Yea, I'm pretty sure that you've done nothing, so why the sudden visit? That's weird, that's suspicious," Selen said, "I guess I'll go find out what they want. Who did they send? The normal dude?"

"No, a woman," Rosemi answered.

"Huh. Yea, you can chat with Petra, I'll ask Elira to come over. I don't think I can deal with suspicious meetings at..." Selen's voice trailed off, as she looked at her watch.

It was 11 p.m..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sure this will help not only Petra, but also help HeavEN grow as a tech company, wouldn't you say so?"

Elira Pendora looked at the white-haired woman in front of her, a million thoughts swirling through her brain like a tornado. She glances at Selen.

"So...you found out that Petra has this really creative story compilation, with this facility's staff as its characters, and you want her permission to use these ideas for AI?" Selen repeated, "Really?"

Nina Kosaka flashed a smile, "Exactly, honeys. Would also be a great boost to her confidence."

"If she's okay with it, why not, right?" Elira said, smiling softly.

Selen felt as if something was going to go wrong.

"So, these storylines will be given to new VTubers?"

"VTubers, yes. Maybe we'll even use them for our new project with even more virtual idols," Nina replied, "It'll be a win-win situation." Selen looked at her sister, before deciding, "We'll tell Petra about it, we'll update you if she agrees."

"Which she probably will," Elira added cheerfully.

Nina nodded, "Thanks for your time, I guess I'll get going now." She stood up to leave, heading for the door.

"Are any of you interested in VTubers?"

This question took both of them by surprise. "Well, it grew on me since Petra debuted," Selen smiled. "It's great, getting to talk to people through a virtual model."
Elira nodded, "It's getting kinda late, maybe you should leave, Miss Kosaka."

"See you soon, I hope," Nina waved, as she left the facility. This facility, a hidden secret, with only a few researchers within it. Of course, she'd imagine, they would miss human interaction.

Ironic, how this place was supposed to help the subject to normalise human socialisation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Creative brain juice, huh?" Finana Ryugu laughed, as she got out of the facility pool. Pomu Rainpuff laughed as well, "Petra wrote me as a fairy, considering I keep wearing heels on and off."

"How about me, then?" Finana wondered.

Pomu smirked, "Mermaid." She burst into laughter, " I love Petra so damn much, it's so cute."

"Being isolated for so long must've altered her world view, everything is anime for her, huh?"

"Hey, don't come so close, you're dripping wet," Pomu said, before continuing, "You swim so much, I'm surprised how you aren't a mermaid."

"Fine with me."

Elira walked in, sitting beside Pomu, "Heyyo~"

"Hey, was just talking about you," Finana smiled, "So did Petra agree? I can't wait to see if HeavEN actually uses her stories for the AI entertainers."

Elira laughed, "Why? Is it 'cuz it's based on us?"

"Maybe, definitely," Pomu said enthusiastically.

"Well, yea, she did agree, so we six have to go to the HeavEN office later," Elira explained, "So we can make sure that this is actually beneficial."

"Pomu should apply for a job there, since Rosemi is taking over."

"The domination of Rosemi-sama."

"Wow," Pomu laughs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elira, Pomu, Finana, Selen, Rosemi and Petra were gathered in a room. Petra waves happily at Ike Eveland, "Ike!"

Ike waves back, "Oh, the whole team's here?"

"Yea, have you checked out my project? The stories one?"

"Well, I did proof-read some," the novelist smiles, "And I did continue the mafia boss and detective story, if you're interested."

Petra smiled wider, "The one with Mysta and Luca?"

"Yea, it's gonna be great lore for whoever gets it," Ike yawned, "I'm a bit tired, though. I'm heading home."

"Okay, see you!" Petra waved, as Ike left.

Nina entered the room, serving some tea, "Thanks so much for your time, help yourselves, okay?"

"Thank you, Nina," Rosemi smiled, sipping the tea. It tasted weird, but maybe Nina was just bad at making tea.

"Where's the project thingy, can we see it?" Pomu said excitedly. Even Finana was nodding.

Nina hesitates, "Well...Actually, the CEO has suggested something."

...

"That is?" Selen egged on, draining her cup.

"We're trying to see if more immersive VTuber content could be created, you know? Like Petra here, we plan to make her re-debut if the plan works."

"Oh, experimental? Sounds nice," Elira smiled.

"Yes, but more...real, like a transfer of consciousness, one might say."

Finana yawns, "Sorry, couldn't help it."

"Nah, it's okay," Nina smiled, "Give me a moment, I'll be back." Nina left the room.

Seconds. Minutes. Hours.

Falling asleep, one by one. Unsuspecting. Trustful. Who wouldn't, after years of collaborating with each other for high quality tech, the socialisation programme...

HeavEN's CEO couldn't be trusted, after all.

██ 20%

███ 40%

████ 60%

█████ 80%

██████ 100%

Conscious download completed successfully.

Lazulight

Elira Pendora

Pomu Rainpuff

Finana Ryugu

Obsydia

Selen Tatsuki

Rosemi Lovelock

Petra Gurin

"I'm sorry, honeys."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: helloooo thanks for reading my brainrot :D comments and votes are appreciated, if this gets a lot of reads i may continue-

-TOPAZ-