An Unexpected Witness

It was a normal day in Rosemeadow High School. The school band competition was yesterday... quite an exciting event for the music club, they even managed to win!

During lunchtime, Jake thought it would be a good time to place some blue roses in the school garden. Elliot would appreciate it... However, when he entered the garden, Elliot was nowhere to be seen.

Jake's POV: "Oh, I guess he's at lunch at the moment... Awh, it's no big deal... I could always just place them here."

Right when Jake is about to place the pot of blue roses next to the orchids, he hears some sobs coming from extremely close. Insane, but it kind of sounds like Drew with a voice crack. He looks to the side to see who it is, and is surprised to see Drew is sitting in the corner sobbing and sniffling uncontrollably... Jake immediately thinks to himself:
Jake's POV: "As long as I've known him, I don't think I've ever seen Drew cry before... I better go see what's wrong."

Jake walks over to Drew's side, he bends down. Drew is quite startled by Jake putting his hand on his shoulder.
Jake: "Hey, Drew... Are you okay?"
Drew: "L-Leave me alone, you... you freak...!"
Drew says that in between sobs and sniffles. This is something you would never expect from a guy like Drew.
Jake pretty much refuses to leave Drew alone... he isn't that guy. Jake notices that Drew's phone is turned on. Not wanting to seem creepy, Jake takes a look at the phone... It's a selfie that Jake and Drew took together one time. Now Jake knows what's wrong.

End of Chapter 1! :D