Prologue

NOTICE: BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A LOT GOING ON HERE- YEAH-
Some things you can expect to see: Death, and other general creepy factors. DO NOT PROCEED IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE!

Tamao was sitting at the table, playing on one of his electronics. Sakura sat in the other room, crafting away at a doll. She had been working on it for so long.

On the other end of the table, across from Tamao, sat Aisuru, drinking her morning coffee. Azurn had already left for work, which made the house much, much quieter.

Every few minutes, Tamao got excited over his game. He was so close to getting what he needed!

After a few, long, long moments, Aisuru let out a sigh. "Tamao, why don't you play with your sister?" She asked.

Tamao looked up. "Can't, this game doesn't have another controller." He swiftly answered. Aisuru shook her head. "No, dear, I mean outside. You two are so young yet, and you still insist on playing that game all the time! I'm sure your sister must be getting lonely- hence why she's been making that doll for the past few months." Aisuru took another sip of her coffee.

"Why though? We talk all day, if anything, I'm sure she's annoyed by me!" Tamao rolled his eyes. "Tamao, not now. Your sister would love to have her brother by her side. Go play. Sakura! Go play with your brother outside! It's a nice day out!" Aisuru called. 

Tamao could hear a groan of annoyance coming from the other room, and Sakura standing up, walking over. "Come on Tamao," Sakura sighed, walking outside, Tamao quickly behind. He had left his gaming device on the table for now.

Outside, Sakura dug through a bin. "How about we play with the ball?" Sakura suggested, getting slightly distracted by a butterfly landing on a flower.

Tamao nodded, agreeing with the eldest's plan. Sakura wasn't that much older than Tamao, only by a few minutes. They were twins.

Sakura pulled out the ball and let it hit the ground a few times, before tossing it across the yard for Tamao to catch. 

Tamao slammed the ball on the ground hard and watched it bounce across the yard back towards Sakura. Was this all they had to do? Play ball all day? It seemed boring.

Sakura had flinched at the loud pang the ball made when it hit the ground, yet she was quick to recover and catch the ball, bouncing it back towards Tamao.

Bouncing across the yard, Tamao caught the ball and bounced it back. By now, the positions of the two twins had shifted and Sakura bounced the ball once more. "Hey, Tamao! I bet you can't catch me!" Sakura grinned and started bouncing the ball away. "No fair!" Tamao whined, yet he chased after his sister, keeping up.

They ran around the yard, some cars drove by, and Tamao could tell that the drivers were finding the two twins' playing sweet.

Sakura kept bouncing the ball further and further away from Tamao, and Tamao kept up, eventually catching it, and running off with it. Sakura chased after him, retrieving the ball like stolen treasure, and made a dash for it.

Tamao ran after her, giggling as the two were having fun.

He noticed their mother came out of the house to watch- of course, Aisuru still had her coffee. "Be careful around that road!" Aisuru shouted.

Tamao and Sakura nodded yet continued playing. They were having so much fun! But then, the fun came crashing down.

Sakura stood in the center of the road; both of the twins were oblivious towards what was happening. Bouncing the ball back and forth, Sakura finally tossed it towards Tamao.

However, in just that little bit of time, a truck came barreling down the road. The driver was some-what hungover from the previous night and failed to spot the young eevee in time.

It was only a few moments. If they had listened and taken note of where they were, this wouldn't have happened.

If they had listened, an ambulance wouldn't need to be called.

If they had listened, Sakura wouldn't be bleeding out, broken and mangled on the road, paralyzed.

If they had listened, Sakura wouldn't be holding the plushie she never finished making for comfort.

If they had just listened, Sakura wouldn't have been pronounced dead.