Jeff Satur x Barcode Tinnasit: A Mafia Romance Part 1 of 3

*Disclaimer: This short story was written for BTS_Jeffbarcode75. This is a combination of ideas from deleted one shots: Meant to be Together and A Mafia Romance.*

♡◇♤◇♧♡◇♤◇♧◇♡◇♧◇♤◇♡◇♧◇♤◇♡

Angry streaks of white lightening painted the dark skies above as two masked men raced through the shadows.

At 25, Barcode never anticipated to find himself in this type of situation. As a sworn member of the Mafia he chased danger and adventure into every dark crevice of Bangkok. It was hardly a suitable occupation for a once prodigious University student.

But it hardly mattered now as he struggled to remain conscious, his hand firmly pressed against a stab wound in his stomach. Every harsh step against the flooded pavement felt as though it rattled his insides. Would he be able to make it?

"Quickly, this way!" Jeff called back to Barcode, snapping the young man back to attention. The sound of the man's voice was the only solace in Barcode's world. A guiding light in the dark.

Jeff.

Jeff was the sole reason Barcode abandoned the simple monotony of his past life for a life in the Mafia. At 28, the handsome man had created a name for himself in the underground far before Barcode even knew what the underground was.

Jeff was trouble packaged in a man as beautiful as he was deadly. But even as an infamous member of the Mafia, Jeff was also Barcode's best friend.

As Barcode rounded the corner, the sky was illuminated in Zeus's lightning bolts once more, followed by the deep rumble of thunder.

In the alleyways of Bangkok their shadows danced across the bricks to a stormy ensemble.

But Barcode's body was beginning to reject his movements. Just as his world was beginning to fade to black, the warmth of Jeff's hand found its way to his shoulder.

"Stay with me, Code." The man begs, his normally firm voice consumed by emotion. "We don't have too much farther to go."

"I...I can't...keep myself upright, Jeff." Barcode winces, leaning his weight into the man. "I'm going to...get you...caught at this rate."

Each syllable felt forced upon his tongue as he spoke.

"Just...just lea-"

"I'm not leaving you." Jeff interrupts, a growl passing from his lips. "They'll have to rip you from my cold dead body before I let that happen."

Before Barcode can refute, Jeff pulls him onto his back. While the movement causes a sharp pain to shoot through his belly, the pressure forces his wound further closed.

Beneath the pounding rain, the two men would be swallowed by the darkness of night.

*To be Continued*