My sister is...a fraud!!

Those two have been all over my TikTok and I couldn't resist writing a short fic for them(⁠ㆁ⁠ω⁠ㆁ⁠) this is also posted on AO3 and Tumblr btw

_____________─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───_____________

"Listen people of Mount Rageous.."

Veneer took a deep breath as everyone's head snapped towards him, he could feel Velvet's curious gaze on his back.

He glanced at Floyd, who gave him a reassuring nod.

'𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵.' he mouthed, Veneer smiled in response and turned to face the crowd. They were all watching him with curiosity and doubts clear in their eyes from everything that happened just now, he couldn't blame them.

"My sister is....a fraud!!"

There were gasps and murmurs among the people gathered here tonight as their eyes moved to his sister, who was staring at him in complete shock, her eyes wide open in disbelief.

"I...What?!!" he winced at her outburst but continued to look straight into her surprised expression.

"Sorry sis but you brought this on yourself.." he said, as he recalled how they got in this situation in the first place.

...══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════...

"We make a good team aye little bro?" Velvet asked, tapping the perfume bottle lightly with her finger.

"Yeah..."

"After such a show I need a rest, watch him for me k?" Velvet said, throwing the bottle his way, Veneer quickly caught the bottle before it hit the floor. He looked up at her and nodded.

"Just don't lose sight of him or something okay?" she said, yawing.

"Will do Sis." he nodded as she walked away, disappearing behind a nearby alleyway.

"Veneer, please.. let me go." Floyd, who was stuck inside the bottle, pleaded, pressing his hand against the glass to get Veneer's attention.

.......

Veneer sighed. " You know I can't." he shrugged. "It's nothing personal really, I just love my sister and all my fame, and things I brought, you get it? I can't afford to lose all that you know?"

Floyd opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't say anything for a moment. Finally, his lips parted again, helplessness plain on his features as he stared at Veneer.

"Is there no other way..?"

"I'm afraid not, I can't betray my sister sorry, like I said it's nothing personal."

Silence fell between them.

Veneer couldn't deny that he felt a little guilt about what he and his sister were doing, he didn't even want to be famous at first, but Velvet was so adamant about having him join her when she started her career, and Veneer loved his sister too much to deny her anything. Even if it meant risking his reputation and his life.

Floyd suddenly broke the silence, "Wait!"

Hm?

Veneer raised a brow as he waited for the red-haired troll to continue, his eyes brightened as he stood up and pressed both his hands against the glass.