chapter 1.

08.21.23

It was the first day of 9th grade. I didn't have a first period but I still got up early because I'm going to give Mia a ride to school. I'm just going to use the extra time to look around school and find my classes. De'yanna didn't have a 1st period either but she still came early. I found my classes very easily. It was just too cold in the morning to be wearing a mini skirt. Ugh. I love doing cheer but why do we have to wear our uniforms on the first day? Annoying as fuck. 

My first class was biology. I had Oliver in that class and I was surprised he was talking to me a lot more than usual compared to when he would normally avoid me in middle school. I later on realized that he was only talking to me because he didn't know anyone in the class except me. what the fuck. There was a guy named Kenny in my class too, his named sounded very familiar. He was a bit short, maybe 5'3 or so. Had a dark brown hair that was pushed into a slick back. He was wearing a light gray nike zip up and Jordan 11s with black 501s. He had a rather big nose with very very big lips. Well he's decent. 

I decided to make a bit of conversation with Kenny. I can tell he went to Clara Middle School. Anyways most people that are going to Fremont High are from Clara Middle. But I'm just going to pretend that I don't know he went there.

"Hi, what middle school did you go to?" I asked curiously. "Oh I went to Clara, what about you?" Kenny asked. I was surprised as to how deep his voice was compared to his size. "I went to Ciener Middle," I said flatly.    

I don't know why I was kind of embarrassed to say I went to that school. I guess it was because there was just a lot of weird kids at that school.

Kenny just nodded his head and continued conversation with this rather heavy guy named Elias. Elias was probably 5'5. An inch or so taller than me. 

The class was very boring and it was just the normal thing you expect on a first day of school. You go over the rules, seating chart, what we are learning in the semester...blah blah blah. 

Next was third period. Art. I had De'yanna in that class so I knew I wouldn't feel that uncomfortable. We all chose our own seats, I sat next to De'yanna and a girl named Emily sat in front of me with a guy named Miguel next to her. I made a lot of eye contact with Miguel. 

There was something unique to his stare. There was something familiar about it too. He had floppy hair and plump lips, tan skin, very tan skin actually, and big dark brown eyes. There was something unique about how his lips turned but it was cute at the same time. Next to De'yanna was what I assumed was Miguel's friend. His name was Marvin I think. He had braces and a very warm smile. He was cute but short. Very short actually, shorter than Kenny. 

Throughout the rest of the class I would feel Miguel's eyes on me, and every time I looked at him we would just sit there staring at each other. I'm always scared of making eye contact with people, but after a few times of glancing at each other and looking away, it became kinda fun with him. Like a game.