Chase. All Alone

Chases POV:

The beeping of the warning lights flashed and rang in my ears, waking me from my nap. How did this happen? What exactly happened that I've lost my memory?

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw the empty void of space beside us. The stars looked different from the last time I remembered seeing them. We were far from wherever we had come from.

Man, I was shocked when I saw Bree passed out and floated around like that. I thought to myself, "Oh no, the artificial gravity is broken. What am I gonna do now?"

Then it hit me: I needed to send out a signal to the closest satellite, if there were any. The console was nearly too damaged for me to see the time, but I managed to repair enough of it to send an SOS. The green light lit up, informing me that it had been successfully transmitted to a nearby satellite.

While I waited for an answer, I tried fixing the gravity, but with no luck. So I spent a few minutes finding and buckling everyone to a chair that wasn't amissly floating around. Davenport was in the weapons room, unconscious. Adam was buckled into the new weapon Davenport installed to shoot asteroids. He said it was for an emergency, but I knew he had put it in for fun. Kaz, Leo, and Oliver were stuck in the space chamber, where you shoot yourself out into space. They must have been trying to fix something on the outside, again. They are unconscious. Sky and Bree were just floating in the air, so I buckled them in safely. I was all alone.
To burn some time, I made callers for Adam, Bree, Leo, and me. So our chips don't glitch. Davenport and I had been working on a prototype. I had to do something. Anything. I was alone with no one to talk to, which I used to like, but space is so quiet. It was hard being alone with nothing but my thoughts.

For some reason, I missed Adam's dumb questions about the ship. He was just curious, and I understand that feeling. I miss Leo's surprisingly funny jokes and humor. I miss Bree spilling tea—which she said was slang for secrets—about random people from school whom I don't remember and haven't seen in years. I surprisingly miss her and Kaz's friendship. It was kind of mind-blowing how well they got along. I miss Kaz the most: his face, being able to kiss him, just holding and being able to hug him. Oliver and I don't have the greatest friendship, but I do miss his stories about his time at Mighty Med. Missing Sky was similar to how I missed Oliver. She's actually really interesting, and I enjoy her telling me about her home planet. She, of course, misses it. And finally, I miss Davenport and my chats. He was the one person who got my mind, mainly because he spent years learning about my intelligence. But still.

After waiting for a while—I'm not sure exactly how long—the green light turned blue. Someone had responded and found my SOS call. Help is coming.