Outer Descent/7. The Shadow

Name: Zero

Age: 18

Classification: Human, Servant, Threat to Humanity, Evil of Man

Normal speech: Like this

Whispers/Muttering: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like This*

Serious tone/Shouting: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

Text messages received/sent: [Like this]

——————————————

Zero: That about sums up that little segment.

Belfast blinked a few times, as they walked home, Zero had told her a little about the places he had been, and the people he had met. The things he had done.

Belfast: I see... So you managed to have a son with another.

Zero: Mm. You look surprised.

Belfast: I am. Considering everything I know about that topic. It was surprising to hear... However, from what you've told me. It does make sense that of all people, his mother was able to successfully birth him.

Zero:.... Mm... She was really stubborn... And... Even though she knew what would happen to her. She did what she could anyway...

Belfast:... My condolences.... It seems as though this journey has allowed you to witness many things, however. Where is he now?

Zero: ... Haa... I left him with a friend. Though... If I knew I'd be summoned again I'd have brought him. Would have been good for him to have a sibling. Still... I don't regret it. I think I left him in good hands.

Belfast: Artorias, and Charlotte, was it?

Zero: Mm. I trust them more than I trust myself. When Himeko passed away, frankly it felt like a large chunk of me was ripped out. I didn't believe leaving him in the care of a mentally unstable eldritch entity at the time was the best decision......

...

Zero: Do I feel guilty about it? I do sometimes. Because I understand the importance of my presence. But I did this in good faith... One could even say the little pyromaniac is good practice for those two.

He let out a dry chuckle before going silent.

Belfast: Guilt is normal. It only means you care. However doing what you did, also means you care. You believed yourself to be mentally unstable, so you did what you thought would be best. Choosing ignorance and keeping him because of your own hubris would have been wrong. It all depends on perspective... How are you now?

Zero: Better. It's been a few years since then. I'm always watching them. In a very literal sense. Because he's my kid, someone whose existence both Himeko and I acknowledge and care for, his foundation is extremely strong. Well, not as strong as the likes of some like Alisha and Jay, but by lower realm standards, and also because he's a child. It would be very noticeable to someone who had good senses. That includes entities from beyond. So I'm always keep my eyes on him as a warning to those entities. "Touch him, you will instantly die". The same goes for any other types of people who think they can get lucky. Though I don't think I need to go so far as to physically interfere since I can trust those two with the physical protection.