🅗🅔🅨 🅙🅞🅤🅡🅝🅐🅛, 🅘🅣'🅢 🅜🅔

Hey Journal, it's me, Bronwyn. Coming through with my first entry. This is something new for me, so I'm not quite sure where to begin or what to do even. I normally wear my heart on my sleeve, but writing my feelings is just different. My innermost thoughts and feelings are what people don't see. The parts of me that I reserve for..., Well me. Even though my life has been somewhat of an open book, I'm actually a very private person. I may highlight some relevant moments in my life on the gram, but rarely do I show all of the good or any of the bad. In other words, what goes on in my house stays in my house. It's a pride thing I guess. A testament to my strength and ability to deal with my stuff by myself.

A couple of years ago though, I learned the hard way that maintaining my privacy and seeking help when needed can actually and should coexist. Following a significant traumatic experience, I started seeing a therapist who suggested I journal. She said keeping a personal journal to record not just my life experiences, but my feelings, emotions, thoughts, and reflections is a form of therapy within itself.

I figured journaling would be a good idea since I don't see her regularly anymore or really ever... You know ya girl is a little hard headed. Okay, a lot hard headed and stubborn but at least I'm following her advice now. I took the long way to get here but I'm here and I'm ready to start this therapeutic journey.