Epilogue

It began long before Vladimir Dracula turned eighteen. In fact, it really began when he was born into this world. With him he brought a darkness none, not event his father, could have dreamt or hoped to have expected from such a strange young boy.

Vladimir Dracula was born of half vampire blood, half mortal blood. This gave him powers that were both unexpected and unpronounced until he was fourteen years old. This was when he was made Grand High Vampire, and deemed 'The Chosen One'. Vladimir grew up with his sister Ingrid, his father the Count, his stepbrother Wolfie, his cousin and best friend Olga, and his butler Renfield. When Vladimir was sixteen he finally met his twin-sister; he also met his reflection. Though unlike other vampires of sixteen, Vladimir did not have one evil reflection that combined with his body; he had a-thousand.

Vladimir fought off the reflections, tore them from his body, and banished them to the pits of hell.

He never expected them to return.

Two years on and a lot had changed for the Dracula's. Vladimir found out of his mortal blood and decided to remain a vampire so as to bring peace to the Nightchildren's world. He discovered that his twin sister Katarina was not his twin at all; in fact they were born to two separate mothers, yet at exactly the same time. Through a bond of blood and magic a link was created at their birth, causing them to be drawn to one-another and to fight together like no warrior pair could ever hope to. They were powerful, fearless, brave, and full of life and love. Katarina, in fact, grew to love a mortal named Harry, but as the relationship blossomed and his mother died, powers began to reveal themselves to Harry that he never knew he had.

As Kat grew to love someone, Vlad grew to love another. Her name was Talitha, and she was the love of Vladimir's life.

The night after the twins' eighteenth birthday Vladimir and Talitha left to see the world together. The Count and Renfield moved to Australia, and Olga, Ingrid, Wolfie, and Kat stayed at their home in Liverpool.

It was only six months after Vladimir had left that he returned, expressing that he and Talitha had decided to go their separate ways. And so the Dracula children were reunited once more.

A year passed.

Ingrid was coming and going between Garside, the Dracula residence, and her own home. She had climbed the ladder of the Vampire Council and was succeeding in her ambitions.

Olga came to fall for, and marry, a slayer named Jace Lightwood who became a member of the undead so as to be with her.

Katarina was falling heavily for the young boy with black hair and blue eyes. Though she originally thought Harry was a mortal, it was coming to both their attentions that there were powers that he was beginning to unlock. She also met a 300-year-old vampire by the name of Celia, who was more deranged than any other Nightchild Kat had ever met.

And Vladimir stayed the same; quiet, needless, strict, and over-protective.

At least one of him did.

It was when Vladimir sent Katarina to boarding school that things began to change dramatically. One night, Vlad visited Kat, though it was not the Vlad she'd been living with for the past year.

Vladimir Dracula explained that Talitha had been killed; he had been put through endless torture; and the creature living in Garside was not Vlad at all. In fact, this explained the creature's frequent disappearances. Vladimir told Kat that this creature was in fact a demon who had merged with Vlad's reflections in hell and had resurfaced to take what he deemed was rightfully his.

A long and sleepless day later Vlad finally convinced his sister, and they began to devise a plan.

That was when Kat found out that Celia had taken Harry; she had taken him to the demon.

After months of research the Dracula's finally figured out the demon's plan; to raise a demonic army, and strike the heart of the Slayers Guild before taking the world down with them. But the demon knew what they were up to the moment Vlad returned to England, and by the time the family had figured out what was about to happen it was too late.

With the Slayers Guild blown to pieces and half the slayers inside it dead, Jace, Olga, and Ingrid gathered together as many forces as they could to rally against the on-coming demon attacks.

Meanwhile, Harry had been possessed and Kat was the only one who could help him fight the demon inside himself. Celia had disappeared and Vlad and his demon self, Azuriel, smashed through a wall in a fit of uncontrolled rage.