Misunderstood

It was a normal day in pop village. The Brozone brothers were in the pod that they had lived in when they were little. It was a family game night. There was of course, chaos going on. They were about to play a game. 

"Ok the tallest goes first. Thats how my kids decided who went first." 

"Oh well that's me!" John Dory the oldest brother stood up. Clay stood up as well. 

"No dude you're not the tallest." Clay crosses his arms. 

"I am too! What are you talking about?" 

"OK why don't just do ages instead?" Floyd stood up as well now, trying to get in-between the two.

"No. No, we are gonna settle this. SOMEONE GET ME A MIRROR."  

"Why don't they just do it back-to-back?" Poppy looked at Branch then back at John and Clay. 

"We're stupid what do you expect." John looked at her with a serious look on his face. 

"Ugh fine" Floyd went out of the room to go look for a mirror. 

"Why are we encouraging this?" Branch gestures towards the two with his hand. 

"It's kinda funny" Poppy giggled. Floyd comes back with the mirror and leans it on the wall Infront of them. 

"Has that mirror always been in here?" John pointed at it with utter confusion on his face. 

"I don't know I wasn't expecting to find it but here it is." Floyd shrugged and backed away from the mirror so the two could see themselves. 

"See I told you I'm the tallest bro!" Clay crossed his arms again and smirked confidently. 

"Are you blind? We are standing Infront of a mirror! I'm defiantly taller so shut your banana hair ass up." John pointed at the mirror angerly. 

"Are YOU blind? My hair isn't banana anymore John! Its more lime now!" Clay threw his arms in the air. 

"Oh, yea cause that totally makes it so much better BANNANA HAIR!" John glared at Clay, getting in his face a bit.

"Hey! put some respect on my name fool! Just because I'm the tallest doesn't mean you get to go and disrespect me!" 

John did a dramatic square gasp. "HOW DARE YOU. I AM OBVIOUSLY TALLER" 

"Just because you're older doesn't make you taller John!" 

"I'm the tallest in my heart!" John punched his own chest. 

"THAT DOESNT COUNT" Floyd got between the two of them pushing them away from each other. 

"Guys please we are supposed to be playing a game!" 

"We are not playing the game until this is settled" John raised his voice a little now. 

"Hey, I have great new I'm the shortest your both taller than me now get over it." Floyd was holding both of them back with his hands. 

"Fine whatever but I still say I'm taller than Clay." 

"You wish square boy." 

"What did you say? God its square MAN!" John was now yelling. 

"GUYS SHUT UP" Branch was up now near bot the brothers. He had had enough of their nonsense. 

"I would consider that if these two would stop fighting like children." Floyd was still holding both the brothers with his hands. 

Branch sighed "Look I don't care who is taller ok? Let's just start with the shortest." 

"Yay!" Floyd let go of both the brothers and ran over to the table that had the board game on. 

"Fine whatever" Clay went over to the table too.

"I still think I'm taller" John mumbled under his breath. Clay stopped in his tracks and turned to look at him. 

"What was that, John?" John froze and his eyes widened. 

"Um nothing let's just play the game, ok? It's past Rhonda's bedtime and she won't sleep without me." The brothers all looked at John.

".__." John locked eyes with all of them and crossed his arms.

"What?" John shrugged. 

"You are such an idiot." Bruce shook his head in disappointment. 

"Like your any better man" John rolled his eyes and went and sat at the table with everyone else.

The brothers started playing the game. To break the silence Floyd turns to Branch. 

"So, um Branch how's Boom?" Branch now took his eyes off the board and looked at Floyd with confusion in his eyes. 

"He's good......Why?" 

"Yea dude why do you care? Do you like him or something?"  Floyd blushed a little and his eyes widened. 

"Uh...well he's Branch's friend so I just wanted to make sure he was alright?" 

"Why him specifically though" Branch raised an eyebrow. 

"I mean.... well, uh..." Floyd looked down at the ground and rubbed his hands together. 

"Oh my god you do like him." John smiled in a playful way. 

"W... what? N..no what are you taking about." Floyd looked back up at them, more of a blush on his face now.

Branch frowns "Wait....Boom?" 

"Oooo Floyds in loveeee ooooo" Clay was nudging Floyd. 

"Imagine liking guys" John pushed his chair back a bit and crossed his arms. 

"Um....Guys can we change the subject?" Floyd was feeling very nervous. Especially after Johns comment. They wouldn't accept him. He couldn't tell them. Not yet. 

"No, I want to know." John wasn't letting it go so easily. Clearly something was up with Floyd. 

"Thats none of your business" Floyd crossed his arms now. Why was he being so pushy?

"It is too! We are your brothers!" John kept pushing.

"I don't want to talk about it!" Floyd was getting annoyed. Why couldn't he just let it go and respect that he didn't want to talk about it.

"Why not? The only reason you wouldn't is if you do like him." 

"JOHN, I SAID ENOUGH" All the brothers froze. Floyd has never had an outburst before. He was usually the calm one.   

"I um.... I got to go..." Floyd got up and ran out the door. 

"Floyd wait-" Branch got up and tried to go after him but John came up behind him and put his hand on his shoulder. 

"No. Just let him cool down man" Branch looked out the door, worry on his face. Poppy came up behind him and grabbed his hand. She squeezed it to calm him down. He looked at her and smiled slightly and nodded. They both went back to the table.