It was her first love.

Her first love was someone unknown. A guided spirit was he. constantly happy and unafraid. in tune with his mind, body, and soul.  He transported her. She felt free of all emotional shackles. the constant overthinking and anxiety all vanished the moment he was in her peripheral. look at the gift he had the magic he possessed.  And what was beautiful was, with him it was simple. She knew what she wanted. with him, she was just a girl who liked an older guy. who made her smile, who made her laugh, who brought her glee.

 with him, she was just a girl who longed to be in his arms. it was he who was responsible for changing her mind on certain subjects while others had failed. it was he who forcefully made his way into what had been locked for the longest time. And how was he able to do this? through persistance. Through the "Good morning" and the "How are you" and "Sit down you don't feel well" and "Here drink some water" or "Here eat something" and "Go to bed early you look tired". And the "call me if you need a ride"  It was his kind and kindred spirit that spoke to her, that called her heart towards him, that made her mind lost in and out of his presence. However, life was a mirage and so were all the hopes she had of potentially ever being with him. and this mirage was heavenly for a long while. it displayed all that she wanted and had longed for. but just as the name suggests it's a mirage.  and what you thought was real and beautiful and delightful begins to drift away and what you thought was locked within your palms starts to slip uncontrollably through your fingers. Through this analogy, it was evident that nothing would ever take place between them.

~ Filan.