Chapter 1

She said I was enough, enough to fill the galaxies and universes, enough for her. She made me believe I am enough.

 I stare up at the ceiling entranced by the haze of a night that devoured my whole being, that made me nothing but a spectator to my own life. I rewind the moments in my head, and savour every last detail, I picture her eyes gazing into mine and her soft lips brushing against my cheek. I stir around, searching for a comfortable position on my bed to continue recollecting the night like its going to erase from my mind at any second. My phone vibrating interrupts the endless loop of thoughts in my mind. My phone continues to buzz against the wooden bedside table that it was resting on. I reach out my hand and grasp my cell phone and begin to scroll through the notifications. All irrelevant as usual, scammers, outdated schoolwork and Pinterest notifications, before I retire my phone back to the bedside table, I notice a message and double take. Eve, my heart pounds as I open the message. I scan the text, "Hey, I'm coming get ready in five" I bite at my fingernail and my hands begin to help support my body to a stand. I dash around my room searching for my sweater and mints with each second that passes, my anticipation grows.

I cram myself out of my window and into the night. Dawdling down the slanted tiles, I brace myself for the impact, I feel the freshly mowed grass resonate in the soles of my converses. My feet ache however I quickly walk down my driveway making my best efforts to not awake my sleeping family inside. I hear a cars motor pulling into my street, and my whole body fills with adrenaline. Breaking into a sprint I feel the crisp breeze against my hair and let the light of the dim streetlights guide me to the upcoming car which slides to a halt. Peering into the car I see Eve and a grin crawls onto my face. "Hey beautiful" Eve said followed by "What's our destination?" Still out of breath I mummer "Your choose". I slam the car door shut and it accelerates abruptly causing me to jolt back. I catch a glimpse of my home, a simple suburban house, paved with stones and decorated by hedges surrounding the exterior, brick walls and tiled roofing. A completely normal home housing a completely normal family. "Let's get out of here" I exclaimed.