DEATH

[ Death, is life, is death, is life... ]

Words usually meant nothing to Leafy.

One possibly couldn't believe it, but time does wonders to the wounds from the unseen. She spent her fair share of time, running back and forth from becoming one of the nicest contestants, to one of the most hated, but back to the nicest, albeit a few little sparks of anger here and there. She had really spent her days, countlessly structuring the ways she could right her wrongs, wanting to be out of Yoyleland as quickly as possible. Sure, there were sights that took her very breath away, but how could she take them in when she is completely alone?

Thankfully, that wasn't a concern to her anymore. Her passion was immortal; she did not stop to make things right between her and her dearest Firey. Each sour encounter led them to the peak of bitterness, where they could both finally take in their wrongdoings and lay their burdens to rest. There are still things that they need to fix, hidden demons that claw at their spines every now and then, but their relationship has finally blossomed into something extraordinary, the petals of their love glowing passionately in the dreary atmosphere of the competition. Their love sparked on, even bringing them to leave their competition and find their true dream island, one where they could finally plant the seeds of their tainted pasts, and shower with the light of their love.

In short, she was happy. She was finally happy. All those months spent wailing to the stars, her heart aching so painfully that it trapped any breath she wished to take; it was all worth fighting through. Her tear stains would forever be engraved in those lime-green cheeks of hers, but that didn't matter to her. She lived. At least... she thought she did.

But now, here she was, kneeling at the crater that she had recognized. A pit filled with the snakes of her deepest fears, staring back at her with their hellish eyes as their hisses taunted her.

She stared at the letter in her hands, her hands fighting to keep still as she began to read.

"Firey, Leafy; we hope this letter finds you well.

We know you two are out together, searching endlessly for your Dream Island, but we weren't sure if you both knew the situation that objectkind is facing. We debated on even sending you this letter, but we knew this would find its way back to you eventually. And if things come to an end, we would rather you two have each other and embrace what's to come, then stare at the sky in horror as the ground gives in..."

Leafy's eyes continued to scan through the words, confusion and worry seeping in the crevices of her mind. She was caught in a trance in the message, the sea of warnings keeping her from noticing a familiar flame behind her.

"Leafster!" The mere name of his beloved was enough to bring a smile to his face. His flames flickered happily, walking over to his lovely little lemon-leaf with a spring in his step. Firey wasn't used to being someone who revealed this sweetened side to him; but everything was just so perfect, he couldn't help letting his light shine through.

Walking over, he carefully placed a hand on her shoulder, keeping his distance so as to not burn the poor woman. Seeing as to how she hadn't responded, he looked up, giving her a smile.

"Hey... Little Leafy Lulu, are you there?" He chuckled. "You've been at the shore for a while, I was wondering if you wanted to roam the place with me a little more."

Silence. That is, until Firey's smile would vanish, as his eyes locked onto the tears that clouded Leafy's sparkling eyes. The joy that they once captured... it had vanished.

Firey knew this look all too well. He hated that he could recognize it, for it was all too familiar to him when he was playing childish games with her; ignoring her, pretending he didn't know her in front of the familiar faces of the competition, all so he could move ahead in the games.