The Danger of Hidden Thorns

"Good show, boys."

Variel gasped and lurched at the sound of a familiar voice nearby. He broke the kiss and turned to look in the direction from which the voice had come, his wide eyes settling on Visorro-Kior - leaned casually against a tree with his arms folded. The older Auroran man smirked and raised an eyebrow. "What? You didn't know I was here?"

Variel didn't answer, his reeling brain leaving him speechless. Vis hadn't come with them, but somehow, he was here in this garden, having come upon them in complete silence. How long had he been standing there? Had Buran noticed him? What was he doing here?

Buran turned around and raised an eyebrow as Vis appeared. It seemed like walking in on them as Vis just did was considered a bit rude, yet Buran seemed in no way upset over being observed. He handed Variel some napkin to clean himself and did the same, while he addressed Vis. "You really should have made yourself known earlier or not at all. But I suppose I can not really blame your parents for not educating you better. I suppose you are here to see the king and his consort?"

While he expected Vis to reply, he started dressing himself.

Vis started laughing as he straightened up. Variel was flushed and trying to find the words to explain the situation to Buran as best he could, but Vis spoke before he could collect his thoughts. "I am, in fact. Though, I did expect to find them together. I see that His Majesty has quickly learned the diplomatic power sex has here in Aurora. Perhaps your father will get to taste Variel as well?"

Bright red, Variel finally spoke up to try and clear the air. "Buran, this is... Visorro-Kior. He is our guide and interpreter." He then looked to Vis as he pulled on his trousers. "I... didn't expect you here."

Vis smirked. "Now, what sort of 'guide and interpreter' would I be if I simply let the two of you wander the city unguided and uninterpreted?" He then looked to Buran. "Apologies, but I did not wish to interrupt the two of you while you were at it. However, I cannot resist watching my dear Variel get fucked."

Buran had studied Variel with thinly veiled fascination. He understood by now that he was shy, but couldn't understand why he seemed to be embarrassed all the time. When Visorro-Kior expressed how much he enjoyed watching, he looked at Variel, smiling knowingly.

"He is indeed a pleasure to watch," he agreed. "My father was called away for urgent business, so there was no chance to invite him. If he had time to entertain his guests he would as well had time to meet them. Actually I should check, if he is back or not. Variel, would you be able to guide Visorro-Kior to the room where the king is probably still waiting? If father is back, he will be there in a few minutes,"

Variel nodded wordlessly as he finished doing up the buttons of his vest. "Um... Thank you... for showing me the gardens, Buran."

Vis grinned as he approached Variel and grabbed his shoulders, leaning down to kiss the side of his neck. "Oh, is that what you were doing?" He then placed another kiss on the boy's heated cheek and straightened up.

After Buran departed, Variel looked up at Vis more seriously. "Vis, is something wrong? Why did you follow us here instead of just coming along?"

Vis ran his fingers slowly through Variel's slightly disheveled hair, idly combing it out as he answered. "Have you forgotten already, little Lordling? Being your guide and interpreter is something of a cover for my real job here. If I let the two of you out of my sight for too long, I am not doing my job properly. I am also failing at my job if everyone knows my true purpose and that I am always around. If our enemies think you are unguarded, they may be more careless and not consider me in their plans, which means I can easily stop them."