008.

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀᴇᴀʀ-

fucking hell she's hot. her body's changed since she was 18, and the tube top she was wearing didnt leave much to my imagination. her voice sends goosebumps throughout my body and i hope she can't realise how much she affects me. i watch as she changes the gear of her car, driving it like she's been driving her whole life as she speeds down the roads. eventually, she pulls up to a gated apartment block, the gates opening as she drives down into the garage, littered with only expensive sports cars. she parks in a spot surrounded by pink lines and i cant help but laugh.

'is it obvious that i like pink?' she asks as i chuckle, getting out after her as she locks it, walking to the lift and calling it. after it arrives, we step inside, and i cant help but keep my eyes on her as she goes through some messages on her phone. the doors open on the top floor and she steps out as i trail behind her, walking into her apartment.

'zack!' she yells as i hear footsteps coming from a corridor.

'oakley!' i hear as i turn to face zack, smiling as we do that weird bro-hug thing.

'how've you been?' he asks, and i can't ignore the look he gives to thalia before turning back to me.

i shrug. 'busy. you?'

'bored.' he speaks as thalia rolls her eyes.

'you need to get a job or something.' she mutters, sounding angry.

'thaliaaa, i'm sorry i broke twin code. but it didn't exactly turn out badly did it?' he speaks as thalia rolls her eyes again, leaving me confused but i decide not to question it.

'you live in a penthouse in new york and you dont have a job? wheres the money coming from?' i ask him as he shrugs, looking at thalia who walks over to the kitchen, opening the fridge as i sit down at the island on a stool. 'you live here for free?'

'yeah of course, out of the love in her heart she let me live here.' zack speaks with a smirk.

'there is no love in my heart anymore so get out.' thalia speaks seriously as zack laughs.

'im actually doing an engineering course and i have a part time job.' zack explains, ignoring thalia as i nod. 'in exchange for living here, i'll get her free tickets to f1 races.'

'that's not happening any time soon so just accept that im sugar-sistering you.' thalia speaks as i smirk, seeing her pass me a glass of water which i nod at her as a thank you.

'so are you guys going out tonight or something?' zack asks us as thalia nods. 'great.' he says with a smirk.

'what, you bringing valerie over?' thalia asks as zack shrugs before walking out and to his room, and i cant help but notice the change in her pronunciation of words.

'who's valerie?' i ask as thalia shakes her head.

'my assistant for fuck's sake. he's slept with all of them.' she complains as i chuckle.

there's a beat of silence before i ask her the question i've been dreading to hear the answer to. 'do you have a boyfriend?' i ask her as she looks at me.

'uhh, no.' she says with a chuckle and i released a breath i didn't know i was holding.

'how come?' i ask and she shrugs.

'dont have time, energy, just can't be asked.' she shrugs. 'one night stands were easier before but fame ruined that.'

i nod. 'i get you.'

'and you? do you have a girlfriend?' she asks as i smirk.

'why? you tryna be her?' i tease as she scoffs.

'so full of yourself, oakley.' she speaks as i laugh.

'no, i don't. one night stands.' i shrug as she nods.

'well then.' she smirks and i look at her.

'what?' i ask with a smirk as she shrugs.

'i didn't say anything.'

'you did.'

she rolls her eyes at me. 'what time are you picking me up?' she asks as i check the time.

'7.' i speak as she nods, checking her own phone. 'you're really living large out here. made a life for yourself n shit.'

she shrugs. 'what, did you doubt me?' she asks as i look at her and shake my head.

'i've never doubted you, lia.' i speak sincerely as she presses her lips in a thin line and i have to fight everything in me not to kiss her.

'fuck.' she mumbles, messaging someone. 'i forgot that i have a meeting with my manager. i'm sorry.' she apologises.

'don't worry, i know what it's like.' i speak, getting up. 'do you want me to drive you, or?'

'no, don't worry.' she speaks as we both head out and back into the lift, going down to the garage before she turns for her car. 'i'll see you tonight?'

'obviously.' i reply, pecking her cheek as she chuckles.

'bye, oak.'

'bye, lia.'