Kagami vs. Kise

Kagami's POV:

I've just started making my mark on the Seirin team but the one thing I'm sure of, is that this is only the beginning. I won't stop until I am the best in Japan. 

Kagami was pulled from his thoughts when coach threw the ball at his head causing him to wince, rubbing his head. 

"What the hell was that for!!" Riko growled at him with a pinched brow and Kagami immediately regretted his reaction. "Coach, I'm sorry!" Before he could continue Riko stormed over to him, grabbing his jersey and pulled Kagami down to her height as she hissed

"We are about to face a tough opponent and YOU'RE DAYDREAMING! Get your head out of the clouds and your ass on the court Kagami!" 

When Kagami obeyed orders, rubbing his chest from where Riko pinched him, he was met with laughter on the court from none other than Ryota Kise. Kagami wouldn't admit it out loud, but he knew Kise was going to be a hard opponent to beat. That didn't mean he was about to step down from that challenge, it only fueled him. 

Kagami took a step further onto the court, but was suddenly stopped when he bumped into something, or someone. Kagami looked down to see Kuroko looking back up at him with those blue puppy eyes. 

"Kuroko! Why are you just standing here?" Kuroko kept his expression blank but glanced back to Kise running on the court. 

"Kise is an amazing player. Don't go easy on him Kagami." Kagami just laughed as he fixed his jersey and continued to walk on court smirking

"I wasn't planning on it." Kuroko smiled as he watched his determined teammate run onto the court and take control of the situation. 

The first half of the game was close. Both teams were pushing their limits but as it stood now, Kaijo was ahead by 9. Kuroko didn't want to be pulled out of the game, but he was reaching his limit and Riko knew it. Before Kuroko could rebuttal Riko had Kuroko on the bench, and told Kagami it was up to him to pick up the slack. Kagami grunted at coach for pulling Kuroko, but looked right at Kuroko saying 

"We're going to win this." Kagami stuck his fist out for Kuroko and then his smile was back as he pounded fist with Kagami and watched as Kagami continued to play his heart out. 

When Kise saw Kuroko was put on the bench he laughed, but then his face faded into an angry expression. Kagami caught up to Kise studying his face, Kagami scoffed

"You aren't going to win this game. I'll make sure of that." Kise turned his attention to Kagami replying

"Not a chance, without him on the court." Kise didn't waste another second to hear Kagami's reply, instead he faked a left and bolted for the hoop making a perfect slam dunk. 

Kagami stared in shock

Kagami stared in shock. If Kise was fast before, somehow he was even faster now. It seemed like Kise was fueled with anger, but Kagami wasn't sure why. He shook it off and quickly took the ball back. After another quarter passed, the game had turned to be a battle between Kise and Kagami. Both were making shots one after another.