☆*-.

Let's be honest, it's been quite a while since the last time they saw Jules, and not because she's an evil bitch who ghosted her friends after going through an unimaginable traumatic situation down The Area Zero.

Nah, she's just busy, and she doesn't know how to say no.

Everyone knew Jules for her kind soul and altruistic behavior no matter what, and that was since day one, like...

Taking care of a suspicious pokémon she found over a cliff? yeah, sure.

Becoming a champion just because her friend asked her to? fine.

Helping the (not so) mean guy to find those weird herbs he was talking about? ok, why not?

Dismantle a whole fucking group of potential school delinquents? great!

That's not even counting what happened with the AI with homicidal tendencies that Jules was forced to defeat.. Anyway, one would think that all those missions would become obsolete once things, well, calmed down, however, Jules' big heart was not going to allow her to say no to the people who she appreciated the most.

It all started when Jules accepted without protest or complaint to be a tutor for certain members of Team Star, after that, the teracristallizations, the Pokédex, something about ancient beasts throughout the entire region, inspections of gym leaders, and don't even mention when Jules literally had to leave the region to go to a certain camp.

Not even after that was she spared from the different requests she received day by day, and at this point, they weren't even her beloved classmates from the Naranja Academy, or even her teachers... The gym leaders? Yes, of course.

Continuing with more of the same. Jules ran from one side to the other throughout the Paldea region; it seemed that even Koraidon himself was getting tired of her behavior. After all, what was all that? Why was she really pouring all her heart into helping the annoying young woman to increase the viewers rate on her streamings? That was even confusing for Jules herself. It was so weird, was she trying to end up looking like Larry?

Whatever, because if it was confusing for Jules herself, of course, it would be more even confusing for her friends. After some sort of small talk with both Penny and Nemona, well, they barely talked after that, not even with the damn SmartRotom, Jules probably wasn't even aware of all those missed calls.

Here's the weirdest part. He really wanted to talk to her, not kidding, maybe just ask about her day, or... Just admire her face as he used to do a few months ago.

The thought of stopping her had already crossed the boy's mind, however, before even taking the definitive step and starting a conversation with who he considered his best friend, the girl was already gone, probably on her way to the other damn side of the region.

It was like an inevitable sting. Arven began to genuinely worry, after all, he wasn't supposed to feel so nervous with the mere idea of ​​approaching to talk to Jules, that's what friends do, they talk to each other.

Ok no, let's be even more honest, he was drooling over her.

Or at least that was what Penny told him after she found him shamelessly looking at Jules while she was just running to her Biology class.

"You're literally drooling over her... I mean, it's nothing new, but still" As if it wasn't oblivious, Penny couldn't help but be shady about it.

"Shut up, pipsqueak" Not like Arven was any better at covering it, however, he decided that for the first time, he wouldn't deny those allegations, instead, he preferred to give her some lame excuse. "I... I just noticed she wasn't wearing her beret or her glasses. I was just wondering why, don't get any ideas".