#1: Vulnerability

TWs: Anxiety attacks, angst

(A/N: I have a bunch of OCs and they all part in mini stories of their own, and they all have names, so when I say which story it's in, that's what I'm talking about)

Story: "Gay Mentally Unstable Teen" Story (the name is great sthu <3)

~~~

"Hey! Get in here, you goof!" Theo called, his arms filled with a pile of blankets, his face brimming up at the top. Making an exaggerated jump onto the couch, he threw the blankets up in the air carelessly, as they proceeded to miss the couch entirely, and fall behind it.

Well, He tried.

Aryan put one foot near the doorframe to the kitchen, peering their head out at the other boy. His eyebrows were furrowed, as if she was apologizing with their expression. "Give me a moment! This hot chocolate machine takes forever."

Theo schooched up so his head was higher on the couch cushions, sending his 'friend' a comforting, contagious smile. "Okie Dokie, Artichokie!"

As Aryan shifted his weight back through the door frame and into the kitchen, Theo put up both his hands for playful finger guns, he felt his glove fold, ripples already setting between the bundles of peach fabric. Panic settled in his stomach, and boiled him from the inside, as he hid his wrists in the knit creases of his cheesy Christmas sweater. Oh, he wished he had a blanket to hide under! He shifted around on the couch, so that his arm was behind him, and desperately smoothed the ruffles in his glove. The bubbling panic in his stomach came slowly to a stop, pulling Theo's nerves like a string until the end of the line.

He let out a breath as the panic flew away, like mist in the air. He settled on the couch again, his hopefulness laced with worry at every thread. He would take mild discomfort over a full-fledged panic any day! As long as everyone else around him was happy, he was happy.

"Hey," Aryan's voice called from the kitchen, and directed all of Theo's attention to him, "You like the mug with the penguins on it, right?"

Happiness swelled in Theo's chest, "That's right! You know me so well."

Aryan chuckled under his breath, a rare sound when the two had first met. Aryan was colder then the snow outside their window, and his hard exterior only seemed to crack when Faye bounced in, her happy sunshine-y self getting him to nod their head anytime she asked to do something. Faye was a low-maintenance kid, which helped, as you could give her one little toy and she'd somehow turn it into a full-scale adventure in a matter of minutes, with layers and stories. Faye was enchanted by storybooks, and as long as you played with her in her fantasies and payed attention to her, she didn't need much else and could see when Aryan needed alone time, to focus on herself.

Truth be told, for a while, Theo was scared of Aryan. But heck, who wouldn't be? From the outside viewer, Aryan could be quite intimidating at times. He could do a pretty decent glare, and them being much taller than Theo didn't help at all. When they were in high school, Aryan acted similarly, but it took a while to crack through the seams, and get them to actually have fun. This time though, to Theo's surprise, it took much less time and energy. After a 5-year gap of them not seeing each other at all. Theo was a bit worried that Aryan had changed while they were apart, but with Aryan, it was easy to tell if he was annoyed, happy, or disappointed. He outwardly expressed things, and was blunt.

If only Theo could relate.

A snap rang in his ears, and he snapped his head up towards the sound, confused and curious to where it came from, only to realize Aryan was peeking out at him again.