The stone statue

the stone wall crumbled as two men stepped into the dust-filled room.

they stared in aw at the ancient drawings and the artifacts piled in the corners.

*cough*  "you struck gold, Mitch!"

exclaimed one of the men, patting the other on the shoulder.

"who would've thought to break that weird wall.. how on earth did you get that idea?" 

the man, Mitch didn't reply as he scanned the room searching.

he suddenly walked up to a statue, which was draped with a cloth. pulling the cloth off gently, he looked up in aw. 

"i ..i finally found her..! i succeded!"

he smiled, voice filled with happiness and eyes a bit red as if he was crying.

the other man, however looked up at the statue with mixed emotions.

the statue was shaped of a woman, with long hair and wearing what seemed like a robe. but that wasn't the weird part.  the statue didn't have eyes. instead it had holes where the eyes were supposed to be. it looked as if someone had just plucked it's eyes out.

overall, it was weird, and it was creeping him out. he had seen lots of old skellatons and artifacts in his archaeologist days, but this was another level. it almost seemed as the statue was emitting creepy energy.

"uh..wow.. Did you know about this statue Mitch? Did you read about this in a book or something?"

the other man, Wallace Jones asked.

"no..no mere book can describe this..this beauty." 

Mitch replied, turning back to Jones. 

"Uhhh....anyway..? I have to go now Mitchell. I have a family trip soon so I have to return to my town."

Mitch looked like he came back to his senses, quickly looking back at Jones in alarm.

"Wait, Professor. You still have to help me report these artifacts. It will just take about an hour sir."

"Oh, yes. I will get the report papers from the truck. You take the pictures Mitch."

"Sure Professor"

----------------------------------------

this is the only part i wrote. but i will write a lot more. this book is a story of an idea my friend and i had. i think this idea is really worth something to write, and i will continue writing as often as i can! 

pls read this if you have the time! i would really appreciate it!

p.s. feel free to criticize any wrongly splelt words, or weird sentances, again thank you for giving this work a try!