It's New Year Again, Charlie Brown?

Christmas was over, and everyone had gone home with their gifts from their secret Santas. Charlie Brown was lying in bed, thinking about the wonderful Christmas party that Janice threw that year.

"That Christmas party was wonderful." Said Charlie Brown. "Heather was there, and I got the same thing I gave her for her birthday. Plus, there was that fun dance we all did. Well, we have the New Year to look forward to."

Snoopy had just as much fun as Charlie Brown. His siblings came over, Fifi was there, Woodstock was there, because where would Snoopy be without his little avian pal? And the best things to happen to Snoopy on any Christmas; Lila was there, and she'd adopted Belle, which meant that Snoopy would be able to see his sister more often.

Snoopy was on top of his doghouse, while his brothers and other sister went inside his doghouse.

The next morning, while Charlie Brown was still sleeping, Sally burst in excitedly.

"Happy New Year, Big Brother!" shouted Sally.

Charlie Brown was so surprised by his wake-up call, he jumped out of bed.

"The New Year has arrived, Big Brother!" explained Sally.

"Sally! New Year is not for another five days!" said Charlie Brown.

"April Fools!" smirked Sally.

"April Fools?! It's December!" Charlie Brown explained.

"Oops! Silly me! Because I've just had the most brilliant idea, Big Brother!"

"Whatever brilliant idea my baby sister has, it's bound to end up being a disaster."

"We're gonna throw a party! And you are gonna help me, Big Brother!"

"Throw a party?! Good grief! Well, at least I don't have an assignment to do this Christmas break." Charlie Brown said, remembering Peppermint Patty's New Year party.

Sally went to her room, and thought about how to organise hers and Charlie Brown's New Year party.

"This is gonna be the best New Year party ever! I'm gonna invite everyone!" Sally said.

Sally thought about the song For Auld Lang Syne.

"Hmm..... Should old acquaintance be forgot..... nah. I can reword it better."

Sally sat on her bed, thinking about ideas on how to reword the New Year song.

Charlie Brown was preparing Snoopy's breakfast. Unfortunately for him, he had to prepare for seven dogs. Meaning more dog food is used up.

"Good grief! The more dogs are in my yard, the more dog food I have to use up!" sighed Charlie Brown.

Sally was up in her room, making some ideas for her New Year party.

"Oh, I can't wait to invite my sweet babboo to this party!" smiled Sally.

The telephone rang, and Sally went to answer it.

"Hello." Said Sally.

"I am NOT your sweet babboo!" shouted Linus.

"Not you, Linus! I'm talking about my other sweet babboo."

"Oh. That's alright then." Linus said solemnly.

"Oh, Linus. Don't hang up yet."

"Why? What do you want, Sally?"

"I was about to phone you to tell you....."

"Tell me what?"

"I'm going to throw a party!"