Prologue: A Forgotten History

My father once told me how the world was a long time ago, a time where magic roamed and hope for it filled the earth. But now there is none left, at least that's what he thought, he told me. Long ago, there were people who wielded magic called sorcerers that roamed the world, who used their abilities to entertain people.  But there were some who had no control over it all and were forced not to use it, due to it being dangerous and unpredictable.

After many centuries, Normies(non-magic people)began to see magic as dangerous and confusing, so they persecuted and hunted down all the sorcerers around the world until only a few remained. Scared of what the world would do to them, the remaining sorcerers fled into hiding and stopped using real magic, in order to protect and conceal themselves from the world.  Because of that, Normies gradually forgot about the sorcerers as centuries passed.

Today, the last few sorcerers use fake magic instead to continue to entertain people and eventually renaming themselves as magicians. And now magic folk have managed to build their society in the shadow. But they refuse to show real magic in front of Normies in fear of being persecuted once more. And so their descendants followed suit as well. I happen to be one of those people who possess and control real magic. Hello there, my name is Lucinda, and this is the story on how I became the world's greatest magician.