CHAPTER 3

{Enjoy!}

The two then returned to the throne room after working hard to clean up the fungeon. Vanellope turned to face the peanut-butter racer while walking backward. "Hey, you have anything to do right now?" she asked with her hands behind her back.

"Uhhh..." Rancis thought for a second. "No, I don't think so."

"Well then," she said happily. "Just to reward ya for working so hard, you want to have a snack before you go?" she asked, pointing to the kitchen.

"Okay," her friend said, following her into the castle's kitchen.

When they arrived, the male racer seated himself next to the table, while the princess went to the fridge. She then returned with a batch of double chocolate cookies.

"Woah, who made these?" he asked, helping himself to one of the treats. "They're so good!"

"Sour Bill," she responded, taking one herself. "It was actually for the Bad Anon's Anniversary and Ralph asked if I can bring them something sweet or dessert-like."

"It's weird how someone so sour can make something so sweet," Rancis joked.

"I know right." They both laughed.

The two andy themed racers continued to converse as they ate the cookies. After some time, Rancis then decided to stop and glanced over at the vanilla racer, who was focused on finishing her last one. There was a short moment of silence before she then spoke up, "You're looking at me like that again," she said without looking at him.

The boy's face, once again, turned red. "No, I-" he was about to come up with an excuse, but then stopped. "What do you mean, like that again?"

Vanellope finished her cookie and dusted off her hands on her skirt. "Like as if you're in a trance," she said looking at him.

"Oh." When she put it that way, it kind of sounded weird. He would say sorry for it but then thought that she might get annoyed with all the apologizes he had been constantly giving so many times before. "Does it make you uncomfortable?" he asked, still blushing.

"Not really but, kinda? I mean, I'm just curious about why you keep doing that?" she said, trying to not make him nervous again like before.

Rancis then placed his arms on the table and rested his head on them, looking away from her. "Do I really have to answer that?" he asked shyly.

The princess then imitated his position, while keeping her eyes on him. "Ya don't have to if ya don't want to," she said.

He turned back to her, and his eyes met her soft, gentle ones. His heart began to beat much faster, causing him to break off the eye contact before she could have heard its loud pounding against his chest.

A short moment of silence passed, where the president still kept her eyes on the peanut-butter racer. The atmosphere in the room was peaceful and comforting, even though they weren't talking at the moment. They were just silently enjoying each other's company.

After a while, Vanellope then decided to speak up.

"Ya know," she began, still looking at him. "You're really cute when you're embarrassed, Rancis,"

"W-What?!" The racer's eyes widened at her compliment. He felt his cheeks burning and his face turn a deep shade of red from all the intense blushing. Now, his heart was acting like a loud ticking time bomb ready to explode any second. He started to wonder if he heard her correctly. "Y-you t-think I, I'm c-cute?" he asked nervously.

The princess then smiled at him, laughing a bit at her accurate prediction of his reaction. "Ya want me to say it again?"

"I-I uh," he put his head in his arms. "I-I heard you the first time."