Chapter 1

Hey, I'm Alex Johnson. I have the worst luck when it comes to everything, whether it's a test or a relationship, I never end up happy. I used to be happy, but that was before I met my first real love Jack Gilinsky. He loved me as much as I loved him, we were together for 4 years, and then we graduated and went our separate ways, I never found anybody else and stayed inside. My friends would try and get me out of the house but it never worked. I live in Los Angles, California and have three roommates, Whitney, Olivia, and Justine. I didn't have an easy life growing up, my mother was a single mother with 2 of us and when I was 4 she killed herself leaving my sister and I with our grandmother who abandoned us after 3 years of taking care of us leaving us orphans. I never knew my real father and when my sister was adopted, I had nobody. In elementary school I was always bullied and had no friends, when I was going into fifth grade I was adopted by a family with twin boys Ethan and Conner who were younger than me, the family took me in and raised me like I was their own. Once high school came I moved out and found an apartment with my best friend Olivia. She knew me like a book and I knew I could trust her with everything from the first day we started talking. During the second week of freshman year, Jack Gilinsky transferred to our school and we hit it off instantly. After a few weeks we were the best of friends, we did everything together and then I started to get a crush on him and I think he started to like me too. After about three weeks of having the biggest crush on him, he asked me out. It was the perfect date and we kept on going out. Senior year he broke things off because we were going to completely different colleges and he didn't feel a connection anymore. After that day I was never the same. The day I graduated I packed our stuff up and moved out to California and started school right away. Whitney, Olivia, and Justine met on their lacrosse team and then I and we became friends and moved into a huge house together. I never forgot about Jack and I wonder every day and night if he still remembers me. I have dated other guys to see if I was over him but I wasn't. He was my first real love, my first kiss, I even lost my virginity to him. I thought after I graduated I would never see him again, but I was wrong.