Pre-Diet

Arin's POV

Ugh! I'm so friggin pissed. I continue to stare at Ariana's comment. Every year! Every year we get either the same class or schedule and every year I hate her way more than the last.

It sucks, because my name is actually Ariana, but in 3rd grade I started to go by 'Arin'. At least it's better than the alternative, which is being refereed to as 'Ariana H'. One kid who was in my class in first grade thought that 'Ariana H' was my actual first name and to this day he will come up and say "Hi Ariana H". She gets to keep her real name which makes me hate her more plus, we are total opposites. She is super tall and I am short. She is full on B----- and I am just slightly above average mean.

I respond to the comment by typing: "Wow, we are so lucky to be with each other every year. I can't wait to see you!"

Why can't I get put with my bftrt(best friend to rant to) and my bff since three years old, Serena. I have not been in a class with her since preschool, yet we have been together since fat and fatter. The best part about her is that she never called me 'Ariana H' and when we talk she calls me by my real name.
I text her...

Me: Can you believe that we have to go another year without being in the same class.😓😡

Serena: Ikr. That B Ariana has no right to be in the same class as you!

Me: Who does she think she is?😤

Serena: LOL

Me: FaceTime me

Serena: No

Me: Ugh! Why not?

Serena: Cuz, I feel extra fat today and I look like 👹

Me: I have an idea

Serena: What is your idea?

Me: You will have to FaceTime me if you want to know

Serena: Fine

My FaceTime ringtone goes off and I answer. "So what was you're FaceTime worthy idea?" She said annoyed. "Well since we are both fat... I thought that we should go on a diet together" I say way over enthusiastically. "Really? What an original idea. I am surprised that no one else has thought of that!" She says sarcastically. "No really we could like go to the gym together and look hot in yoga pants together and like gossip and cut calories together. Then, every time we want to go crazy and overeat, we can text the other for support. It will be like Weight Watchers, but for free." I exclaim, getting more excited about the idea as I go on ranting. "That is actually a good idea. Then, you can show Mz. Korney who the better Ariana is and we can be hot in bikinis next summer and-. I cut her off "I think you meant to say: Ariana, you are the most brilliant person ever and I envy your ability to be amazing and fabulous!" She suddenly hangs up on me with no goodbye.

I get a text...

Serena: Sry had to go my mom was calling for me to help get my brother ready for bed

Me: Oh, that's fine

Serena: Ha, speak of the devil! I just got a text from too tall to function.

Me: Why don't u block her contact already?

Serena: Fine, I will block her right now

Me: Thanks

Serena: Ur welcome. I have to go put my brother to bed, so I text u tomorrow morning

Me: Kk, luv ya, bye

Serena: Luv ya too, bye

Me: Oh and day one of our diet starts tomorrow so I'm just gonna shove as many donuts down my throat as possible since my tummy won't be seeing those little bagel shaped bundles of joy anytime soon.

I go onto Wattpad after my three donuts and read my current favorite fan fiction.

Authors note:

First chapter is complete. I am having a lot of fun writing this story, because I'm writing it with my best friend and a lot of the situations in the book will be similar to ones we have been through. She will probably write the next update or we will write it together! The next POV will be Serena's. Comment what you thought and if you have any suggestions for the book. I can't wait for chapter 2! Oh, and I will try to update every week.
- Jordyn