Trapped

CRY EVERYONE

It was a calm cool day in troll village. Poppy and Branch where walking together in the village before Poppy had to go to the factory to help Sky pick out some party supplies for their next big party. Branch was swinging Poppy's hand in the air. 

"You know I wish you didn't have to go. We barley hang out anymore." Branch said this with a bit of a whiny tone to his voice. Poppy looked at him and smiled. She kissed his cheek. 

"I know. But I promise we can hang out afterwards! I don't have anything else today so it will be just you and me." Branch smiled a bit. She squeezed his hand in reassurance. 

"Just-" Branch started to speak but Poppy cut him off before he could finish. Poppy playfully rolled her eyes.

"Be careful?" Poppy looked him in the eyes with a look that said the words he was going to say was obvious. 

"Well, I was going to say don't do anything stupid, but that works too." Poppy giggled where Branch nervously laughed. He didn't understand why she was laughing because he was being serious. "Poppy I'm serious. I don't want to have to take you to the hospital." Poppy rolled her eyes with a smile. 

"I'll be fine. I'm only going to pick out party supplies. There is literally nothing that can go wrong during that." Branch crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. He sighed. She walked in front of him now and grabbed both his hands. They looked each other in the eyes for a second. 

"Ok I have to go now sweetie. Have fun with your brothers, ok?" Branch nodded and had a slight smile. "I love you!" 

"I love you too." Poppy let go of his hands. She gave a gentle smile and then kissed his cheek goodbye. Branch looked at her, he had a partial sadness in his eyes, he didn't want her to go but he knew she had to. Poppy left glancing back at Branch one more time before getting out of his view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 Minutes later, Branch had arrived at his grandma's pod, where his brothers were staying. He could hear yelling from the inside of the pod. He looked at the door confused then decided to go in. The brothers argue all the time, so this is nothing new. He opened the door with caution and saw John and Clay in the kitchen, yelling at each other.

"YOU BURNT IT DAMN IT!" Clay threw the burn piece of toast at John. 

"I KNOW WHAT I DID!" John crossed his arms. "I LIKE IT THAT WAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" Clay threw his arms in the air.

"NO ONE LIKES BURT TOAST JOHN!" John picked up the burnt toast off the floor and slammed it on the counter.

"WELL I DO. I LIKE THE FLAVOR."  

"ITS BLAND! JUST LIKE YOU!" John gasped and put his hand on his chest offended. 

"TAKE THAT BACK BANNA HAIR!" John pointed at Clay getting a bit closer to his face. 

"FOR THE LAST TIME MY HAIR ISNT BANNANA ANYMORE!" Clay pointed to his hair aggressively. Branch went between the two and held them back with his hands.

"Woah Woah guys! What is happening?" Branch looked between the two. 

"JOHN BURNT THE TOAST" Clay pushed forward on Branch's hand and Branch pushed him back. 

"BECAUSE THATS HOW I LIKE IT CLAY" John on the other hand backed up a bit, knowing that if his baby brother was stopping this, he had to calm down. He really didn't want Branch involved. 

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU NO ONE LIKES IT BURNT" Clay tried to get close again but Branch pushed him harder causing him to fall back a bit.

"Wait I thought we were going to play a game. Why are we even making toast?" Branch let them go and backed out of the way.