Group Effort

Amara tore through her kitchen in distress on the verge of tears. She opened her pantry looking through all the drawers when she heard rustling behind her. She turned around to see Cench clutching his piece and her eyes widen in fear. She snaps her finger and he immediately turns to her. As soon as he lays his eyes on her he instinctively lowers the gun.

"Are you seriously about to shoot your pregnant baby mama?!" she says trying to hide the fear in her voice. "I didn't know it was you!" he whisper shouts at her putting the gun on the table and she just sighs. "Why are you still awake Amara?" he says, dropping down to her level. "I can't sleep," she says, burrowing her head into her hands.

"Why?' he says and she glares at him. "Because! Your baby won't stop kicking,I want my sister, and I'm hungry" she says as her voice breaks and she falls into a fit of sobs. Oakley sighs adjusting his hand to her. She looks up at him confused. "What?" she says wiping her tears. "We're going to Tesco's" he says and Amara can't help but smile at her ex lover.

"For Real?"

Amara skipped to the candy aisle giddily as Cee trailed behind her happy because he knows she's happy. She immediately grabbed two Cadbury Boost dropping them in the shopping trolly. She grabs Oreos and swiftly exits the aisle as if she's on a mission.

Amara's eyes darted across the aisles, searching for the next item on her list, but it was clear she was still distracted. Every few moments, she'd stop and place a protective hand over her round belly, feeling the subtle movements within. Cench watched her with a mix of concern and amusement, remembering similar late-night cravings from the early days of their relationship.

"Anything else you need?" he asked, scanning the list she had handed him earlier.

"Just some ice cream," Amara replied, a playful smirk forming on her lips. "You know, for the baby." She says shrugging as she continued to skip towards another aisle.

Cench chuckled, pushing the cart towards the frozen foods section. As Amara debated between chocolate chip cookie dough and double fudge brownie, Cench's thoughts wandered back to simpler times when the two of them would wander store aisles together, laughing and joking without a care in the world. The nostalgia was palpable, but he quickly pushed those feelings aside, focusing on the present moment.

"Do we have any tomatoes at the house? I want to eat with my ice cream." she turns asking him and he stares at her disgusted.

"That's disgusting"

Amara sat on her sofa watching "American Dad" as she ate her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream with tomato paste as Cench watched beside her disgusted. She looks at him and she lifts her bowl to him. "Want some?" she says and he shakes his head immediately. "That shit is so nasty Mars" he says and he immediately catches what he said as his face freezes looking at Amara who just shrugs.

"It's okay. We have to co-parent anyway." she says giddy off the fact he bought her food. He nods gratefully and they continue to sit in a now comfortable silence where they both silently enjoyed each other's company, something they had been missing for the longest.

Amara's mind wandered as she stared at her baby bump. "Cench can I ask you something" she says quietly. "Always" he says and she turns to look at him. "Why'd you do it" she says trying not to get emotional. "Mara I-Please?" she interrupts him pleading. Cench, noticing how her voice broke gives in.