𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ᅳ 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

With quick steps, Sage made her way through the desolate, white halls of St

With quick steps, Sage made her way through the desolate, white halls of St. Thomas. She remembered her own stay here too well, which she just wanted to forget sometimes. Pushing her own fate aside, the redhead tried to concentrate only on Dawn.

She initially suppressed the tiredness that was written on her and Happy's faces as she approached the reception desk and asked which room and floor her sister was on.

As the middle-aged woman adjusted her glasses and ran her fingers over the computer keyboard, Sage placed her elbows on the counter and rubbed her face, her leg bouncing impatiently.

Happy, seeing how out of touch Sage was, stepped next to her and placed a hand on her hip so he could pull her into his side. "She'll be fine, otherwise someone would've called already."

Sage looked up at him in despair, visibly exhausted. "What if they just forgot to call us?"

"You really think that someone would forget to let you know? I don't think so", Happy reassured her and his deep, gravelly voice actually managed to calm her down a bitᅳ again.

"I don't know", she mumbled with a shrug. "Probably not."

Then the woman behind the reception spoke up again. "Room 207, 3rd floor. It's an intensive care unit, which means only relatives are allowed to see the patient. Are you related to Miss Trager?"

"Uh, yeah." Sage quickly rummaged through her handbag, which she slipped from her shoulder to the crook of her arm to look for her ID. "I'm her sister."

Adjusting her glasses, the woman scrutinized the name as Sage held out her ID. "Okay, then you can see Miss Trager's. What about the gentleman here?", the older woman's gaze shifted to Happy, skeptically.

He simply ignored how the woman wrinkled her nose and judged him with her looks, probably because of his kutte and his demeanor. Good thing he didn't really give a shit what others thought of him.

"He's a friend", Sage quickly interjected, her leg starting to twitch nervously again. "Can he at least wait outside the room?"

Sighing, the woman waved her hand. "All right. He wouldn't be the first to wait outside the room. But I don't want any trouble here."

With a snort, Happy shook his head at such prejudice, but said nothing about it. Dawn was more important now and Sage should finally get the chance to calm down a little. He gently pushed the redhead forward as she was about to say something to the woman, her face twisted in annoyance.

"Leave it, it's not worth it", he rasped close to her ear as they stood in front of the elevator.

“Why do people here have to be so full of prejudice?”, she asked with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest. "They act as if you were about to start a war here and kill everyone."

A grin tugged at the corners of Happy's mouth. "They just don't really know us. Let them think what they want, we can't change their opinion of us anyway."