EIGHTEEN - THE HOSPITAL WING!

CASSIE DIDN'T WAKE UP UNTIL MIDDAY, and to say she was surprised to see Cedric sitting in the armchair, leg bouncing as he anxiously bit his nails would be an understatement

CASSIE DIDN'T WAKE UP UNTIL MIDDAY, and to say she was surprised to see Cedric sitting in the armchair, leg bouncing as he anxiously bit his nails would be an understatement. She couldn't remember much from the night before, the last she could remember was getting thrown by Remus, in werewolf form...

He must've knocked her out. Cedric hadn't noticed the girl was awake yet, and when she spoke, he jumped in fright. "You know, I wouldn't know what I'd do without you."

Cedric rolled his eyes jokingly, "Good thing you'd never be without me then," He stated, placing the back of his hand to her forehead to check her temperature. Raising her eyebrows, Cassie grinned. Although, her hair turned the slightest shade of pink, she wasn't blushing.

"Don't jinx it," Cassie said, eyes wide as she panicked. "Touch wood!"

"Stop panicking," Cedric said, chuckling to himself, "That's not what jinxing is... So, what happened last night?"

"I got knocked out," Cassie answered, closing her eyes, "By my dad. He also scratched my side, which is really hurting me right now — I'm starving, can we go get food?"

Cedric chuckled, "I was hoping you'd say that," he said, "It's time for the feast, and then you can go with Callie and Aurora to see Rowan, like you do every month. Just go get changed into your robes and take it easy! You need to be careful!"

Cedric helped Cassie stand, and walked slowly with her to the bottom of the Hufflepuff common room stairs, where he waited for Cassie to return. Once she returned, he helped her walk. The two walked slowly, and saw everyone piling into the Great Hall. Cedric walked her towards the Gryffindor table, where Callie was sitting and smiling with Harry.

Cassie sat on the other side of Harry, and next to Lee, before saying goodbye to Cedric and watching him walk to the Hufflepuff table.

"Cassie!" Callie exclaimed loudly, a smile appearing on her face. "You're alive! You're okay!"

"Why... Why wouldn't she be alive?" Harry asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Periods," Callie said, winking five times at Cassie, making her shake her head with an irritated look on her face. "Cassie gets really bad cramps, and goes really ill — doesn't she look ill?"

"Yeah, a bit," Harry answered.

"Thanks," Cassie muttered with a small roll of her eyes.

Harry's eyes widened. "I didn't mean it like that!" He said, "You're just incredibly pale and your cheeks are more flushed than usual."

Lee snickered, overhearing the conversation. "You seem to know a lot about Cassie's face, Potter," he said, "Are you sure you're not in love with her?"

Saving Harry from his embarrassment ( and Cassie's - her hair was a bright pink and she avoided making eye contact with anyone as she shuffled anxiously in her seat ), Oliver Wood popped out of nowhere. "You excited for the game tomorrow morning, Harry?"