𝐥𝐥. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 '𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌' 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Recently, Gu-won had been stuck at work late, and going in early. Which was fine, of course, to Do-Hee. At least at first. She'd wake up, expecting the grueling shift her husband worked to finally end, but news flash, it didn't. She'd wake up alone. Then she would get through her day in a bad mood, and she'd wait for Gu-won till about 8:30, which to her was late. So, she would go through her nightly routine as normal.

Take off the makeup, shower, lotion, skincare. Then, she'd receive the same text she had been getting for the past month, 'Staying late. Make yourself food and don't worry about me.' Of course, she grew to expect this. To the point she didn't even make extra food. What was the point, anyway? Gu-won was a grown man.. a demon at that, too. He can just summon food or something for himself. She left Gu-won on read and walked out to the balcony.

Ever since Gu-won had been staying late, she had come here whenever she needed to think or was feeling upset. Something Gu-won hadn't learned yet.. Sometimes, he'd come home and find her laying on the balcony couch, picking at her nails and bouncing her knee.

She sighed and looked down at the city lights, something she had learned to love. "Madam Ju.. would you be proud of me?" Do-hee frowned, bringing her knees to her chest and resting her chin on her knees. Madam Ju was gone.. but sometimes she swore she was actually there.

"No, you little brat." Do-hee heard Madam Ju's voice reply and smiled slightly. She knew Madam Ju was. No matter what she said.

"Do you think he is?"

"I have no doubt, Do-hee." The voice paused. "It is strange he's not here, though.. normally that man is all over you." Madam Ju sighed. "Never out of his sight, no?"

"I guess.. he's been acting strange recently, Madam Ju.." Do-hee looked up and took comfort in this little vision of the deceased woman.

Madam Ju motioned for her to continue. "He comes home late and goes home early, he's cold.. defensive and-and he just doesn't seem interested anymore.. even when we talk all he talks about is star jin!" Her chocolate brown eyes got teary and her voice was shaky.

Madam Ju raised an eyebrow. "And it's all 'Star Jin' this and 'Star Jin' that! I'm his wife, not Star Jin!" A tear fell down her cheek, the first one in a long while. "He didn't save Star Jin from an explosion, he didn't accidentally transfer a stupid tattoo to Star Jin, he wasn't Star Jin's bodyguard, he hasn't kissed Star-" She suddenly covered her mouth in shock, what if he has kissed her? What if he has been doing all that stuff with Star Jin?

No.. he wouldn't do that. Would he? She trusted Gu-won.. he wouldn't. She knew that.. so why did it feel so real to her? "I think you two need to talk." Madam Ju added simply before disappearing.

She was right.. the two did need to talk. It wouldn't be easy, but it was worth reassuring herself. Right? No.. it wasn't selfish for wanting reassurance. She wiped her tears and got up.. feeling suddenly determined.