Chapter-12

Y/n pov

I stood by the window, lost in my thoughts, as tears quietly fell down my face. I felt so sad, and my silent crying showed just how much I was hurting inside.

The view outside blurred because I wasn’t really seeing it. My mind was busy thinking about everything that had happened, and the sadness I felt made me feel very alone.

Being trapped by a man who only cared about himself left me feeling scared and powerless. He didn’t think about my feelings at all, and it hurt. I was just being used for what he wanted.

It made me feel angry and sad. It was hard to accept that this was my life right now. But deep inside, I knew I had to find a way out. I had to get my freedom back, even though it seemed really hard to do.

I kept staring out the window when I noticed a man brushing a horse’s hair in the field. I didn’t think much of it at first, but when he turned around, I froze. It was my brother!

I was shocked. What was he doing here? We had both been taken, yet he was just there, acting like nothing was wrong.

My heart filled with joy, and I couldn’t stop myself. “Jhope!” I called out, tears of happiness rolling down my face. I wanted to jump through the window and run to him, but the guards blocked me.

Quickly, I thought of a plan. I smiled and told the guards that I just wanted to take a walk and maybe ride one of the horses. They believed me and let me go, not knowing what I was really planning.

I walked towards my brother, pretending to be calm, but I was so excited inside. “Jhope!” I called again when I got closer. He turned around, looking surprised and confused.

I ran up to him and hugged him, but he didn’t hug me back. That felt strange. I had expected him to hold me tightly and share in the joy of our reunion. But instead, there was a distance between us that I couldn't understand.

His confusion made my heart race with worry. Was he okay? Did he not want to hug me, or was he just too shocked? I felt a knot forming in my stomach as I searched his eyes for answers. The warmth I had hoped to feel from him was replaced by an uncomfortable silence. I wanted to believe he was safe, but that moment of distance left me feeling uneasy and anxious.

As my hands brushed his back, I felt his shirt was torn, and then I noticed the marks on his skin. My heart sank. What had happened to him?

“Brother, what happened?” I asked, worried. He smiled, trying to make it seem like it was nothing, but I could see the fear in his eyes.

Had Jungkook, the man who took us, hurt him? I wanted to ask, but Jhope quickly asked about me instead.

“How are you? Did they hurt you?” he asked, his voice full of worry.

I shook my head, trying to show him I was okay. But the truth was, I wasn’t. I just didn’t want to worry him more.

Suddenly, the guards came closer. “You can’t ride now; the master ordered us,” they said. I rolled my eyes, annoyed by their loyalty to Jungkook.

“Forget him,” I muttered, heading back to the building. Right now, I didn’t care about Jungkook’s orders. All I cared about was finding a way to meet Jhope later.

As I walked back inside, I promised myself that I’d meet him in secret later that night. That small hope was all I had to keep me going.