Prologue

"Angelica Moriarty, daughter of the richest family in the Philippines."

"You're reading that again?" Aaron said while looking up at his iPad. "You're being a crazy fanatic, just because he is rich."

"Nah! But look, she is the daughter of the richest family in Philippines... yet there's no picture of her. Is it really true that Mr. Moore has a daughter?" Fiona said.

"Be quiet," I said as I touched my temple. The headache is getting worse.

"You're having headaches again?" Aaron said on my side.

"That's the third time this week." Fiona handed me one tablet of medicine. "Do you want to rest? I will cancel some of your schedule."

"No need, I can handle it." I took the medicine and drank the bottled water that Aaron handed me. "Besides, we will meet Mr. Moore; we need his sponsorship for this movie."

"There you go, Jake. The best actor of the year," Aaron teased.

As we arrived at the Mansion of Moriarty, everyone was bowing to us. They had smiles on their faces and neat uniforms. You will see the difference in the uniforms of head maids and butlers.

"Bonjour." A man-tone voice welcomed us with a smile. "I didn't know you'd arrive at the right time."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Moore." I gladly accept his extending hand for a handshake. "You know that I'll never refuse to meet you, haha," I said with a little laugh.

"I will remember that. Let's eat first; I prepared some foods for you." He guided us to a big table that has a lot of foods on it. "Please, be seated." He sat at the end of the table, and I sat right next to him.

"Thank you, Mr. Moore, and by the way, this is Aaron and Fiona, my assistants," I said and introduced them.

**

After eating lunch, he walked us around his house, starting from the garden up to the 2nd floor of the house. Aside from Mr. Moore, we do not see anyone related to him. I think he lives alone in this mansion.

While we were walking around the house, one painting caught my attention. I stopped and looked at it. The painting of a woman in her 30s is pretty and elegant. From head to toe, you will see that she is from a rich family. Veronica Escobar Moriarty... That's what it shows on the bottom of the painting.

"That's my wife, Veronica," Mr. Moore said as we both looked up at the painting. "She died at the age of 35 in a car accident."

"I'm sorry for your loss, Mr. Moore," I said.

"That's okay; I accepted it a long time ago."

"Mr. Moore, what about your daughter?" We suddenly looked at Fiona. "Oh, sorry..."

"Haha, that's okay, my daughter Angelica. I believe she is our angel. Don't worry, she is well and studying abroad."

**