The Joke

Mattheo took her to the kitchen and picked her up. He placed her gently onto the ledge. He grabbed some tissue and wetted it.

He then carefully wiped up Y/ns scratch.

"Y/n!" Mattheo yelled from downstairs. Y/n sprinted down the stairs, colliding into a waiting Mattheo. "Let's go!" Y/n shouted and ran off to the car. Mattheo followed her.

They got into the car and waited for Mattheos parents. "I'll go get them." Mattheo said. He left Y/n in the car and dashed into the house.

Y/n sat there waiting for Mattheo to come running out of the house, his parents behind him.

Five minutes past. Y/n waited. Another five minutes.

Y/n was not a patient girl. She wasn't impatient. She just couldn't wait.

She opened the door and ran out.

"Matt! We're you!" The girl yelled as she rushed through the door. She stopped and listened. She couldn't hear anything.

"Matt! This isn't funny." She said, her voice cracking. The girl walked around the house looking for her friend. "Matt!" She shouted.

"MATTHEO RIDDLE COME HERE AT ONCE!" The teenager screamed. Still nothing. The brunette walked into the garden. Nothing.

She ran out of the house to hers. She banged on the door. No one answered. "Some help me, please!" The scared girl cried out.

She ran around the street, knocking on doors. Until finally someone answered.

An old lady poked her head around. She then beckond for Y/n to come in. "What's happening!" Y/n said. The old lady was shaking.

"Are you alright? Come on, take a seat." The brunette kindly sat the old lady down.

"Thank you, dear." She replied. Y/n was pushing back tears. "Do you know where Mattheo is or what might have happened to him?" She asked.

The old lady shook her head. Y/n looked up to try and stop the tears falling. "Were could he be!" She said.

Suddenly, the old lady stood up and walked towards the girl. Y/n was confused.

"Are you okay?" Shs said as the lady advanced on her. "He is in his house." She said, her voice husky. Y/n ran out of the house and to his house.

"Matth-" She was cut off as a huge thing fell on top of her. She fell to the ground. She screamed. A hand covered her mouth. She bit it. Mattheo yelled. Y/n pushed him off her. "MATT!" Shs shouted and jumped on him. She hugged him tightly.

"Y/n!" He said. His hand was red. "Sorry, but that's what you get for playing that kind of joke!" Y/n laughed.

"All I did was hide from you!" He said sucking his hand. "And no one answered their doors except the old lady that was shaking and said you were in here." Y/n realised Mattheo was shaking his head confused.

"You didn't do that?" She asked. "No..." He replied. Y/n looked scared. Mattheo grabbed her and held her. He looked around. "Come on, let's go to school." He said, and they rushed into the car.

Not out of excitement but out of fear.