𝟏𝟗

—  a u t h o r’s  p o v  —

“But you said, you will attend the sangeet, adi. You cannot go back on your words.” Shivika pouted while speaking in the call with Aditya, her male best friend. “I know Darlo, but I have a very important meeting here. I will surely attend the wedding, please sona ko mana liyo.” Aditya said while chuckling, making shivika huff out a breath.

“No! This is not done, adi. You always do this and I won't talk to sona, you will tell this yourself to her.” Shivika said while being annoyed now. How bad she wanted to meet him but at the last moment he can't cancel the plan just like that. It's his best friend's wedding as well. He already missed out on so many functions. Sonali will be so mad at him.

“Darlo, please try to understand. I am sorry but dad won't be able to handle everything by himself here and the meeting is very important.” Shivika sighed after hearing his words which made her a little sad. She pouted and bit her lips while looking around, not being able to agree with his statement.

Just when her eyes fell on a tall figure hiding behind the tree. She scrunched her nose and twitched her eyes to get a clear view of the person and her eyes widened when she saw atharv standing there with kiara in his arms.

What is he doing there?

She thought while moving towards his figure but halted when she heard Aditya's voice from the speaker. “Hey? Are you there? Darlo, i know you are feeling sad about me not being there even though I want to come there and have the last bachelor time of sonali with you two but it's not in my hands now.” She now gave her attention to Aditya's words which made her pout more.

She shrugged the thought of atharv hiding behind the tree and focused on her best friend. Maybe he is playing with kiu. She nodded. “I get it. It's fine but if you ditched her wedding as well na i sweat i’ll come there and kill you right away.” She glared at her phone as if he could hear her and heard him laughing from the other side.

“You can't kill me with those small hands of yours.” Aditya’s laugh made her pout as she knitted her brows and cupped her waist with her free hand. “I can, try me if you want.” She said in a stern voice which came out rather funny to him as he laughed more.

“Oh really, darlo? Then I am ready to build my grave by your hands.” He said in a flirty voice which made her roll her eyes. “You and your flirting skills” shaking her head, she said while laughing a little to which he too let out a small laugh.

Meanwhile our hero, who was standing behind the tree was unable to hear some of the conversation between them but was surely able to hear her voice. He fisted his hands making his knuckles turn white while gritting his teeth hearing her words.

“Ye chu- '' As he was about to curse, his eyes landed on Kiara who was nibbling on her thumb while looking at him with her doe eyes. A sigh escaped from his lips as he composed himself from saying such words in front of her. But in his mind he for sure cursed Aditya badly.