Chapter one...

It was friday evening, I was sitting on the couch watching TV when the doorbell rang. I sprang up from the couch and my little sister opened her door with caution and peeked out. I looked up at her and she shrugged, implying she had no idea who was at our front door. I crept over to the door making sure to not produce noise with every step. I looked up at my little sister, Brooklyn who was at the top of the carpeted stairs, sticking her whole head out of her door frame.

I grabbed the bat that was always placed next to the front door, laid perfectly balanced between the wall and the doorframe, the bat was untouched, and was still shiny. grasping the bat tightly in my left hand, I raised the bat to my shoulder and gripped the doorknob, which could have fallen off prior to how firmly my hand gripped it. Slowly turning the knob, and still ready to make this bat fly into someone's head, I heard a small gasp from Brooklynn before swinging the door open.

The bat thud with a clunk, as I stare at the package and envelope on the ground with my name on it. Snapping back to reality, I picked up my bat and looked around to make sure no one was around. Once I learned that there was nothing for miles but trees, I picked up the package and envelope. heading back inside and shutting the door behind me, I put the bat back and pulled out a chair at the marble island to examine the mail. At this point Brooklyn was already down the stairs and was leaning over my shoulder to see what I was holding.

Once she realized there wasn't anything of hers, she ran back up to her room and shut the door closely behind her. I opened the package and found a small black box, a map, a checklist, and $200! I gasped at seeing the money. "two hundred dollars!?" I whispered under my breath, "This can't be... what's the catch? is this some sick prank?" I said. Then there was yet again another knock on the door, but this time I just opened the door knowing the bat was right next to me and out of sight from anyone outside. Then again, we live in the middle of the woods on top of a hill, and by we, I mean me and Brooklyn. This time instead of a package or a letter, it was a basket with a huge bump and a blanket over it. I placed the basket on the counter along with the other things and started to question what I've gotten myself into. What did I get myself into?

"enough questioning!" I thought, I ripped the blanket off the basket, and right then and there, I knew my life was changed, forever.

CHAPTER 2 COMING SOON!!!