𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐭

While the coffee was running through the coffee machine, Sage filled a bowl with cereal

While the coffee was running through the coffee machine, Sage filled a bowl with cereal. After finding nothing but milk and beer in the fridge and cereal in one of the cupboards, she decided to just have cereal for breakfast.

Happy had told her to just help herself while he took a quick shower after she had already taken oneᅳ and she did. Of course she had made enough coffee for both of them, not just for her alone.

Balancing the bowl in one hand and the spoon in the other, she leaned against the kitchen counter and shoved a spoonful of cereal into her mouth, her eyes darting around.

The kitchen was small and definitely of the older variety, but still clean and well maintained. Sure, there was a lack of food and while she searched the cupboards for a bowl and coffee, she noticed that there was also a lack of kitchen utensils. But she wasn't surprised. Happy was a man who lived alone and probably spent most of his time at the clubhouse, no wonder he didn't have many things like that at home.

In general, his house was pretty simple and minimalistic. No decoration except a few pictures that definitely came from older times. The rest of the house consisted of just a bedroom, living room and bathroom. In Sage's eyes, that was enough. What more do you need than a roof over your head?

"You found something", Happy stated as he came into the kitchen, a wry grin on his lips. "If I had known I would have a guest, I would've bought some stuff."

"When?" Sage asked amused before putting another spoonful in her mouth. "You haven't had a chance to get anything since we arrived", she added after she had swallowed the rest in her mouth.

"That's right." When the coffee was done, Happy took two cups out of a cupboard and filled them with the hot liquid, looking at the redhead from the corner of his eye. "You look good."

"Thanks, you don't look bad either", Sage winked. Unlike Happy, who was only wearing jeans so far, she was already fully dressed in a simple olive green top and black skinny jeans. "I hope it's okay that my stuff is still in your room, I'll put it back in my car later."

"It's okay", he grunted, then pushed a cup towards Sage and leaned against the counter right next to her.

Silence fell over them while Sage finished her cereal and Happy enjoyed his coffee. He didn't need anything more for breakfast.

Suddenly he had an idea that would make things easier for everyone. "Why don't you stay with me until you leave for Seattle again? That way Tig can stay with Dawn until she's released and if you want to spend time with Ima, a member can always bring her over."

Sage put her empty bowl aside and turned to Happy, her arms crossed over her chest. "It's not a bad idea. And this way we can spend a little more time together."

"Right", he winked with a smirk before taking a sip of coffee, shrugging his shoulders. "And you would always be with a patched member and wouldn't have to stay in the clubhouse."