Sewing & Kisses

"Ouch!" Barb winced, furrowing her brows as bright pink, glittery blood formed a small bubble around her finger-prick. She shook her hand, set down the sewing needle, and reached for the small box next to her leg for a bandaid. Again.

Viva giggled and Barb's cheeks flushed out of embarrassment. They were sat on Viva's bed with their legs crisscrossed and facing each other. Sewing supplies were strewn across the multicolored covers of the little roller-skate bed.
As the rock troll started peeling the bandaid, Viva gently took her hand and smiled fondly at her. Barb tensed up at the sudden contact but her mouth curled up into a small, crooked smile. "W-What's up, Veev?" she asked, still holding the bandaid in her hand. Viva leaned in closer to her face and said softly, "let me."

Her warm expression and voice as smooth as honey were almost uncharacteristic of her, as everybody was used to Viva's upbeat and loud personality. But, that didn't seem to matter to Barb as the other troll delicately wrapped the dressing around her index finger. Viva hummed quietly and placed a light kiss on the backside of Barb's hand when she was done, leaving behind a pink lipgloss kiss mark.

The tension in the room was thick as Viva looked up at the rock troll through her lashes, a blush dusting her cheeks. Barb's face was completely bright red. Her gaze darted away, looking anywhere except Viva's rose colored eyes. The light of the sunset sliced through the curtains and shone on Viva's face, making her look even more heavenly in the queen's eyes. The pink troll broke the silence with a grin and whispered breathlessly, "You're beautiful."

Barb's breath hitched in her throat as her eyes finally met Viva's. Time seemed as if it had slowed down and left only the two trolls standing. Barb felt Viva's gaze flicker down to her lips for a split second before the rock troll cleared her throat and let out a nervous laugh. Viva's hands retreated into her own lap as the soft glow of her blush turned into a raging wildfire of red on her cheeks. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and stammered, "oh sorry! That was— uh— weird," Viva chuckled, "I-I didn't mean to do that it-it just sorta, um.. slipped out, ya'know?"
Barb grabbed her free hand and blurted, "it's ok! I don't mind at all! I.. I mean—" she blushed, took a deep breath, and interlocked their fingers. The rock troll smiled shyly and murmured, "I.. think you're pretty too."

Their eyes met and Viva smiled back, that pink glow of her cheeks returning. "Thank you," she replied softly. Barb silently brought their interlocked hands to her lips and kissed Viva's. She looked up at her and beamed, "you're welcome," with that same lopsided smile glued to her face.

-

After that, the two trolls continued sewing their matching patches onto their jackets, their tails woven with each other's and a fresh shimmery kiss mark on Barb's cheek.