𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬

Sage stayed in the car for a moment after parking at the TM lot

Sage stayed in the car for a moment after parking at the TM lot. Her hands gripped the steering wheel as she checked to see if Happy's bike was in line with the other Harley's. But he didn't seem to be here. There were generally only three bikes here, and one of them was Jax's.
"Great", she muttered to herself before she gathered all her courage and finally slipped out of her car.

When the door to the clubhouse opened she was hoping it would be one of the other two who were here, but as if she wasn't already tense enough her eyes now fell on Jax who was strolling towards her.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were staying in Seattle", he asked before putting a cigarette between his lips. "If you're looking for Tig, he's not here right now."

"I'm only staying two or three days", she answered shortly, her eyes narrowed to protect them from the sun. "And no, I'm going to see dad later. I'm looking for Happy. Do you know when he'll be back?"

The blonde frowned skeptically while letting the smoke slowly slip past his lips. "What do you want from Happy?"

"That's none of your business Jax." Sage felt Jax' now cold gaze boring into her soul, causing her to cross her arms with a clearing of her throat. "It's important, please."

"What could be so important that only Happy can help you?" He had no right to be so curious and question her, but he found it hard not to. If something was going on between Happy and his ex, he wanted to know about it.

"Jax please", Sage groaned as she began to get impatient. She felt sick, had to pee once again and was hungry. She was also tired from the journey. "Just tell me when he's coming back or where he is, the quicker I'll be gone."

"Maybe I don't want you to leave quickly", he replied with a shrug, acting as if he had just said something completely normal.

"What the hell?" Sage looked at the blonde confused.

"What?" Jax arched an eyebrow, earning an incredulous look from Sage.

"Did you just seriously ask that?", she asked, huffing. "Why would you want me to stay longer?"

"Because you're family." Jax casually leaned against the hood of her SUV and let his gaze rest on her for a while. "We never talked about what happened back then."

"Family", she repeated, her tone dripping with venom. Clicking her tongue, she let out a laugh. "It's unbelievable that something like that would come from you. Do you know why we never talked about it? Because you were too busy fucking Fawn. You didn't give a shit about how I felt, don't pretend that you do now."

"That's not true", Jax snarled angrily, only acting defensively because he secretly knew Sage was right. And that hurt his ego. "You didn't even give me a chance to explain myself."

Looking to the side, Sage let the tip of her tongue glide over her bottom lip, then let out another bitter laugh. Her gaze reached Jax again. "You explained yourself. You even confessed that you had been having an affair with Fawn. Then why should I still talk to you? What is there left to say?"