Chepter 4

"Drive!"

I stared up at the gray ceiling of the car, my breathing ragged.

"My, what a beautiful groom you are," Vegas said. I raised my eyes and met his, wishing I hadn't because the twisted smile on his face burned through me like a thunderstorm of terror. Then I passed out.

VEGAS POV

Pete passed out beside me. I regarded he closely. Now that he wasn't thrashing or screaming, I could admire he like a groom deserved. Dots of blood splattered he suit like rubies and marred the creamy skin of he neckline. Pure perfection.

"We seem to have shaken them off," Fabi muttered

My eyes were drawn to the back window, but nobody was following us for the moment. We had injured, not killed Pete's two companions, so part of the forces would waste time tending to their injuries.

"He's is a nice piece of ass," Ken commented from behind the steering wheel.

I leaned forward. "And you will never look at he again unless you want me to rip your eyeballs out and shove them up your ass. One more fucking disrespectful word from you and your tongue will keep your eyeballs company, understood?"

Ken gave a jerky nod.

Fabi caught my gaze with a curious expression. I leaned back and returned my gaze to the man curled up beside me on the seat. He hair was pinned to he head as if even that part of he needed to be tamed and under control, but one wayward strand had freed itself and curled wildly over he temple. I wrapped it around my finger. I couldn't wait to find out how tame Pete really was.

I carried a limp Pete into the motel room and set he down on one of the two beds. Reaching for a twig that had tangled itself in he hair, I removed it before undoing he updo, letting he hair spill out on the pillow. I straightened.

Fabi sighed. "Cavallaro will seek retribution."

"He won't attack us as long as we have he. he's vulnerable and he knows he can't get he out of chiragmaai alive."

Fabi nodded, his eyes moving to Pete who lay limply on the bed, he face tilted to the side, he long elegant neck on display. My gaze lowered to the fine lace above the soft swell of he chest. A high-collared dress. Modest and elegant, nothing vulgar or overly sexy about Dante's nephew, and yet he would have brought many men to their knees. he looked like a fucking angel with he blond hair and pale skin, and the white suit only emphasized that impression. The epitome of innocence and purity. I had to bite back a laugh.

"What are you thinking?" Fabi asked warily as he followed my gaze toward the groom.

"That they couldn't have emphasized he innocence more if they'd tried." I moved closer, my gaze trailing over he narrow hips. "I prefer the blood stains on he dress."

"It was he wedding. Of course they would emphasize he purity. You know how it is. People in our circles are kept protected until they enter marriage. They must lose their innocence on their wedding night. Cavallaro and he fiancé will probably do anything to make sure he returns to them untouched. Dan is Underboss. He father is Underboss. Dante fucking Cavallaro is he uncle. No matter what you ask of them, they will deliver. If you ask them to hand over my father now, they will do it and we will be rid of he."