Chapter Ten | Wrist.

It was midnight.

Azalea had been in that forsaken bed for a few hours. Nyx came in, cleansed her, fed her to keep Beda strong, and she left with everyone else in the pack house to their respective houses.

Azalea knew this was not where her mate stayed. But she also wondered how this room smelled like him so much.
It would mean he's here most of the time rather than his own home.

She was on the floor before getting into bed. She napped there 3 times, with nothing else to do.
The fighting she heard yesterday was no longer happening. She could not smell anyone 5 floors above and below her.

She was left with her thoughts.
And a computer.
It was his.

Azalea refused to use it. She's not dumb. Her activity could be traced from another country if she ever touched that computer. She had to fight herself, but she did what ought to be done.

Nyx left her in the room saying,
"If you need anything, call his name. He'll come."
When she asked if anyone else would come, Nyx never answered before leaving.

She did not utter a word in the last 5 hours. Nor did anyone come to see her.

During this time, her wrists healed a lot more, and a lot of strength returned to her body. She would no longer limp if she walked.
With proper rest, Azalea understood she overworked herself in the past few months. She did not sleep for a whole week, nor did she eat.

Beda did not grace her with visions when she napped. Beda did not grace her with anything.
Time passed with Azalea watching her wrists, wondering when they would fully heal.

And all she did was wonder.
Wonder about whatever Nyx narrated to her. Were they real? Did that all happen? She never heard these stories from other packs. No one knew enough about the Knight Clan.

She could find out on his computer, but what's the point if she would surely get caught?

"Luna," Azalea whispered, seeing the Waning Gibbous Moon set right in front of her in the sky. It looked beautiful. It looked ethereal, otherwordly.
"What is this place?" Her voice left at the last word. There were things Azalea had to think about.

But her escape never feathered her.
After hearing everything during her bath, she was discouraged to ever hope. She believed there was a bigger chance she'd be hurt.
And she had to live with that.

This is my karma.

This is what Luna wants.

She wanted me to stop after 34.

She wanted me to be his.

I tried keeping us alive, Beda. Azalea clutched the blanket under her palm, invisible tears crowding in her eyes after the overwhelming and damning realization was slowly processed in her body.

I could only make us last 5 years. Forgive me. She thought, all with a shy presence, cradling the pillow on her lap, sniffing the bile down her throat.

'It's not your fault,' Beda said quietly. Just after a few more seconds of silence. Azalea invited all responses, even not speaking. Azalea did not force her wolf to speak.
'None of this is. Make peace.' She ordered, making Azalea rub her eyes.

Peace with what?
'Your circumstances.' Beda sternly spoke, earning a big sigh from her person.

Circumstances.

Her being mated to a killer since youth.

While she has no one to save her.

Her never being able to escape this place.

A chance of finding out about Veera only from her mate's pack.