01. blood soaked banquet

( warning: this story contains yandere behavior

( warning: this story contains yandere behavior. be warned for possessive and obsessive behavior, physical and emotional abuse, murder, gore, etc. I will give more warnings for the more serious chapters as we go )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

There was a celebration happening before your very eyes. Down below, where the men and women waltzed in perfect synchrony to the lilting melody.

The delicate rustle of satin mingled with the soft footfalls, a symphony of elegance, resonating beautifully through the grand ballroom.

You hummed, swirling the ornate cup in your hand with a blank expression on your face.

You do not remember the reason why they celebrate, and you frankly do not care for it, for there is only one reason why you are here.

From your elevated perch on the balcony, you surveyed the grand ballroom with a gaze as timeless as the antique chandeliers above; a warm, golden glow that did not remind you one bit of the sun you dearly missed.

You sighed.

Those were much simpler times.

When you had yet to meet that devious master of yours. When he had yet captured you in his unyielding grasp. When he had yet introduced you to the intoxicating allure called immortality.

Your master, the orchestrator of your eternal fate. You gritted your teeth, feeling the metallic taste of your own blood.

Oh, how you hated him.

The delicate cup in your hand trembled under the pressure of your clenched fingers, the scarlet liquid within swirling dangerously close to the edge, threatening to spill over to the carpet below your feet.

"Hey, come on now! I invited you to relax, not whatever this is." A voice behind you grumbled, swiftly removing the cup from your hands.

Your mouth twitched, but you said nothing back, only a half-hearted glare directed at the vampire beside you.

This was Harvey Beaufort.

A vampire, just like you, only a tad bit younger. The same rank in the hierarchy, and almost the same amount of power. Almost. You were, without a doubt, stronger and older. After all, you were turned by your master quite a long time ago.

"I was going to drink that, Harvey," you softly said, hand reaching out to take back the glass filled with blood. Instead of returning it, the blonde vampire pulled it further out of reach.

"Oh, please. No one would believe your lies if you did not believe them yourself." Harvey took a whiff of the cup before turning his head away in disgust. "This cold and putrid thing will not satisfy the likes of us. I don't even know how you survived drinking this."