Chapter 18- Thinking on Your Feet

"This must be the place." Hitomi says once the group reaches the 5th floor and sees a sealed door.

"Looks like we need an ID to get in though." Chaewon replies, noticing the scanner next to the entrance.

Leave that to me, just plug in the USB. Sakura comms over. Chaewon nods and takes the flash drive they'd been given out of her pocket. After fiddling with the cover, she then attaches it to the scanner.

Sakura could feel the connection the second it happened from all the way up the 10th floor. The Japanese girl then closes her eyes and focuses her consciousness towards the USB. It was a neat trick that she was glad she could use a second time, being able to connect with her tech from far distances.

After a few seconds of waiting, the door opens with a satisfying click, allowing the Chaewon's group to get inside.

"Thanks, Kkura-unnie~" Chaewon whispers through the comm device.

On the inside of the office space were rows and rows of computers and servers that could be holding the keys to fighting the androids. Because it was late at night, and there was a party going on downstairs, the room was empty. This didn't stop the four girls from doing some checking around just in case something was amiss.

"Hmm, looks like everything's good here. Let's get to digging." Hitomi says after the security sweep. Chaewon nods and plugs in the USB to the closest computer.

"Alright, Kkura-unnie. So how does this work?" Chaewon asks.

You navigate through the folders, and if they're encrypted, I'll unlock them. Sakura responds.

"Understood. I'm going through them now." Chaewon immediately moves the cursor to the files explorer and searches for keywords related to their target like water and androids. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to be showing.

"Maybe they're listed under a specific code?" Minjoo suggests.

Hmm, give me a second. I'll try something. Sakura says before scanning the computer for the most accessed files.

Got it... She eventually thinks when she sees a folder labeled Aqua Vision. When she accesses it, she sees files containing schematics for what the android's eyes were supposed to do. As she reads it though, an audio file begins playing unprompted. It was a singing voice, but she couldn't figure out what it was saying.

Huh? What is... this... Sakura feels herself getting a bit drowsy now for some reason.

"Kkura? Kkura-unnie? What's going on?" Chaewon asks when the Japanese girl suddenly goes silent.

Before Chaewon could ask Hitomi to contact someone else though, Minjoo points to the screen.

"Look, unnie. I think this is it." She says, causing everyone to gather and look at the file that was now being displayed in front of them.

"So, the eyes on the androids can scan iron. I don't see how that affects us though." Chaewon mumbles until they scroll down a bit and find out the answer.

"Wait, the Jirisan water?" Nako notices when she sees the brand pop up again. The blueprint showed the nutrition details that they'd already stolen before, but something was different. There was a new line that mentioned it was infused with a high dose of special... iron.

"Tomi, call Wonyoung now!" The short girl says when she realizes what this entailed. Hitomi nods and turns on her comm device while Chaewon downloads the files.

"Wonyoung! Get out of there! The water-" Before she could finish her sentence, the connection was cut, as if the signal was being blocked. "Oh, that can't be good."