Where the heart stops: Sunday,march 1st

Without realising I did so, my door slammed harshly against the tiled wall. " JENNA HOWARD!" I hear my mom yell all the way in the kitchen. " MOM LEAVE-IT-ALONE!!!" I yelled back throwing my pillow aside and sinking into my fluffy bed. I sighed thinking about mom, how I have to remember that it's not her fault she was educated like this. But I can't. All I can think about is how i'm mad, disappointed, and absolutely out raged.  My thoughts were interrupted by my door creaking open, and the sound of Will's voice. 

" Sis, c'mon, mom will kill you if we don't finish this "talk" with her" He says, air quoting the word "Talk". I give him a glare, and stand up. He smiles as If he has just done the most amazing thing, but when I reach the door i grab the handle and slam it in his face. I can almost see him frowning through the door. I stop shortly though when I hear my dad's voice. " Jenna, don't make me say it again."  I sigh, turn around, and slowly open the door. " What?" I say poking my head out through the crack.  " Come down-" 

" Im okay" I say in my least sassy voice I can manage and smile tightly at him. " It was not a question, get down here or else I will take your outing privileges away."  He never does that. They don't care about what i do, when I do it, or how. They just want me to be as far away as possible. I roll my eyes mentally and walk down the spiral staircase. " Yes dad," I say tapping my finger against the railing.  " Me and your dad are getting-"  " Divorced, we know" Me and will say at the same time.  I have the urge to say jinx, but something tells me it's not the right time. Our

 parents look at us with wide eyes, and nod their heads slowly. " It's okay mom, we know It's obvious." Will states, rolling his eyes a bit too hard for dad's liking. He smiles at me, as if to tell me he just did that, but I just stare at him. " Well, looks like we don't have much to discuss then-" " Well, then I'm up to my room!" I say turning around. Wills warm hand grabs my shoulder and turns me back torwards mom and dad.  I glare, but he just smiles at our parents.

 " Now that you'll let me finish, i was saying, since we don't have much to discuss , you may now leave."  I turn my head towards Will, and give him the hardest death glare i could muster. Idiot.

" You don't get to pick what movie!!!!" I hear Will yell from his room. I roll my eyes, because I know exactly who's in there. Jake Lakewood. Our neighbor,and  family friend since me and will were 10. I stand up from my bed set my book down, and head torwards Will's room.  " Will you shut up?" I say with a slight smile.  Jake turns his head, and for a brief moment butterflies erupt

 in my stomach and I admire his beautiful hazel eyes. I quickly turn back, and give Jake a nod of knowing presence.  " Why, can't you hear the sound of music downstairs?" Will says laughing. I chuck a nearby pillow from his floor at his head and slam the door behind me.  What a bunch of idiots.  I walk downstairs to get some water, running down the stairs in the process.  As I open the fridge, a voice rings behind me making me drop the water bottle. " Jenny?"  " JESUS!,will

you NOT creep up behind me like that next time J, you scared the hell out of me" He chuckles, going around the puddle of water and into the fridge. " Okay well I came to get some food for your brother he's being a hungry ass right now." I giggle, and put the wet paper towels in the trash can. " COLBY!" I scream as it lands in the trash. Jake winces, scrunching up his face at me. So cute. WHAT NO. NO.

 " What?" I ask while sitting on the stool and drinking my water. " Your so childish" he says. My heart stops, and for a second it feels like i've been stabbed in the heart 400 times. I come back, and act as If the comment didn't hurt me. " first of all, RUDE, second of all, says the guy who spends at least 20 hours a day playing call of duty and fortnite!" I laugh at my own comment , but he just stands there with a fake offended look on his face.  

" Fortnite is soooo goo!!" He says. I put the plastic water bottle in the recycling bin.  I sigh.  " I miss talking to you Jenny" I hear a voice say. For a second I think it's my imagination, or some hallucination, but as I turn around, I see him with a smirk on his face. " You look cute when you blush" He adds and with that, walks back up the stairs with a bag of lucky charms in his arms.  I giggle , but mainly because Jake Lakewood just said he misses talking to me. TO ME! I walk back upstairs to my room and accept the fact that as much as I want to fall in love with jake all over again, I can't let it happen. Not after two years ago anyways.