TWENTY-THREE, BUTTERBEER!

RON RETURNED WITH THE BUTTERBEERS, grinning at Harry and Cassie as he took the seat next to Hermione and opposite Harry

RON RETURNED WITH THE BUTTERBEERS, grinning at Harry and Cassie as he took the seat next to Hermione and opposite Harry. As he went to tease them, Cassie narrowed her eyes, "Don't even think about it, Ronald."

So, Ron kept his mouth shut. As Callie was about to say something, they all heard the bell above the door ring, which meant someone had just entered. They all turned their heads, their eyes widening as they saw Professors McGonagall and Flitwick entering the pub, shortly followed by Hagrid, who was deep in conversation with Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic.

Almost immediately, Cassie shoved Harry under the table to hide him from the professors. She grabbed his glass of butterbeer, and passed it to him. As she handed it to him, she could feel his hand brush against hers, making heat rise to her face.

Callie snickered at the look on Cassie's face, while Hermione whispered, "Mobiliarbus," making the christmas tree that was next to their table rise a few inches off the ground, drift sideways and land directly in front of their table, hiding each of them from view.

Cassie grabbed her butterbeer, before sitting herself next to Harry on the floor. Harry looked at her, eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "What are you doing?" He whispered, taking a sip of his butterbeer.

"Keeping you company," Cassie smiled, making Harry's heart pound against his chest harshly. He could feel his stomach turning in all different directions as he made eye contact with Cassie. But, he didn't like her.

"A small gillywater --" Madam Rosmerta's voice interrupted Harry's thoughts.

"Mine," said Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Four pints of mulled mead --"

"Ta, Rosmerta," said Hagrid.

"A cherry syrup and soda with ice and umbrella --"

"Mmm!" said Professor Flitwick, smacking his lips.

"So you'll be the red currant rum, Minister."

"Thank you, Rosmerta, m'dear," said Fudge's voice. "Lovely to see you again, I must say. Have one yourself, won't you? Come and join us..."

"Well, thank you very much, Minister."

Cassie and Harry exchanged a glance as they watched Rosmerta walk off and walk back to them. They had no clue how long this meeting they were having was going to last, but they hoped it wouldn't last that long, they needed to get back to Hogwarts before everybody else arrives back.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods, Minister?" came Madam Rosmerta's voice.

They saw the lower part of Fudge's body twist in his chair as though he were checking for eavesdroppers. Then he said in a quiet voice, "What else, m'dear, but Sirius Black? I daresay you heard what happened up at the school at Halloween?"