TWENTY-SIX, START OF THE HOLIDAYS!

THE FOLLOWING DAY, CASSIE WOKE UP to a bunch of girls rushing around the dormroom

THE FOLLOWING DAY, CASSIE WOKE UP to a bunch of girls rushing around the dormroom. She almost forgot that today was the start of the Christmas holidays. She wasn't going home this year, they all had to stay at Hogwarts as their mum requested them to. Cassie had a feeling it was due to Sirius Black, but she didn't know why.

Dahlia looked over at her, "Why aren't you getting ready?" She asked, grabbing her suitcase. The other girls had gone down to the common room, unaware that they woke Cassie up. "The train is leaving in an hour. We need to be ready with our things outside the castle in half an hour."

Cassie smiled, "Well, I'm not going home this holidays." She said, "My mum is incredibly busy with work."

Dahlia frowned, "Oh," She said, "You can come to mine if you'd like, my parents won't mind, they'll love you."

Cassie felt her heart warm as Dahlia spoke, "Thank you for the offer," She started, "But I'm going to stay, I finally get to sleep in the Gryffindor dorms with Callie. I've always wanted to do that."

Dahlia let out a small laugh, "Okay," She said, "I'll see you after the Christmas holidays, then." As Dahlia left, Cassie felt herself grin. She had wanted nothing more than to become friends with the girls in her dorm, but she had always been so scared to talk to them.

As Cassie got ready, she couldn't stop the smile from appearing on her face as she looked in the mirror. She woke up feeling amazing, nothing could ruin her good mood. She left her dorm room and looked around the common room, it was completely empty. It was peaceful. She left the common room and headed towards the Great Hall, where Callie was with Aurora and Rowan. The three smiled when they saw her, and their smiles widened when they noticed she was in a good mood.

"Never guess what!" She exclaimed, "I actually spoke to the girls in my dorm. Dahlia offered me to stay with her during the Christmas holidays, but obviously I declined, but they're so nice. I actually didn't have a nightmare last night."

Aurora hugged Cassie, kissing her head. "We're all proud of you," She said, and Cassie felt herself smile even more. "I'm going to the kitchens, any of you want to come?"

"I will," Rowan said, before they both walked off to the kitchens. It was the full moon the other night, and as much as they all wanted to help, they thought it was too dangerous with two werewolves, especially for Cassie, so they haven't helped them.

"Come on," Callie said, "We are going to the common room."

As they walked to the common room, Cassie was talking Callie's ear off, and Callie listened to every word, occasionally putting in her thoughts and opinions. When they entered the Gryffindor common room, they saw Hermione, Ron and Harry sitting by the fire. Hermione and Ron seemed to be telling Harry not to go after Sirius Black.

As the twins sat down ( Cassie next to Harry, Callie on the pouf ), the three gave them small looks before Ron said to Harry, "Black isn't worth dying for."

"D'you know what I see and hear every time a dementor gets too near me?" Harry asked them, "I can hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort. And if you'd heard your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn't forget it in a hurry."

Cassie imagined it herself, and he was right, Cassie never wanted to hear her mum being killed. She knew it would be something she'd never be able to forget, it would be something that would scar her, it was traumatise her.

Harry sighed, "If you found out someone who was supposed to be a friend of hers betrayed her and sent Voldemort after her --"

"There's nothing you can do!" Hermione exclaimed, interrupting Harry. "The dementors will catch Black and he'll go back to Azkaban and -- and serve him right!"

"You heard what Fudge said!" Harry said, "Black isn't affected by Azkaban like normal people are. It's not a punishment for him like it is for the others."

"So, what are you saying?" Ron asked, eyebrows furrowing together. "You want to -- to kill Black, or something?"

Callie's head shot in Harry's direction. "I'll help you," she told him, "And we will do it the muggle way, it will be more painful for him, it's what he deserves."

Hermione scoffed, "Don't be silly!" She said, "Harry doesn't want to kill anyone, do you, Harry?"

Harry didn't say anything. Cassie pursed her lips, she couldn't say what she wanted to. She knew they'd all have a go at her for even suggesting something as mad as that. "Malfoy knows," Harry said abruptly, "Remember what he said to me in potions? If it was me, I'd hunt him down myself, I'd want revenge."

Cassie frowned.

"You're going to take Malfoy's advice instead of ours?" Ron asked angrily, "Listen... you know what Pettigrew's mother got back after Black had finished with him? Dad told me -- the Order of Merlin, First Class, and Pettigrew's finger in a box. That was the biggest bit of him they could find. Black's a madman, Harry, and he's dangerous --"

"Malfoy's dad must have told him," Harry was completely ignoring Ron, "He was right in Voldemort's inner circle--"

Ron rolled his eyes, "Say You-Know-Who, will you?"

"-- so obviously, the Malfoy's knew Black was working for Voldemort --"

"-- and Malfoy'd love to see you blown into a million pieces, like Pettigrew!" Ron interrupted harshly. "Get a grip. Malfoy's just hoping you'll get yourself killed before he has to play you at Quidditch."

Hermione knew Ron was getting nowhere with Harry. "Harry, please..." Her eyes were filled with tears and Cassie exchanged a glance with Callie.

"Please be sensible." Hermione continued. "Black did a terrible, terrible thing, but d-don't put yourself in danger, it's what Black wants... Oh, Harry, you'd be playing right into Black's hands if you went looking for him. Your mum and dad wouldn't want you to get hurt, would they? They'd never want you to go looking for Black!"

"I'll never know what they'd have wanted, because thanks to Black, I've never spoken to them," said Harry shortly, making Cassie frown.

She wanted to tell them that she thought he was innocent, but she knew how that would go down.

"Look," said Ron, obviously trying to change the subject, "it's the holidays! It's nearly Christmas! Let's -- let's go down and see Hagrid. We haven't visited him for ages!"

"No!" said Hermione quickly. "Harry isn't supposed to leave the castle, Ron --"

"Oh, please," Callie interrupted, "He'll be fine, he's got the map."

"Yeah, let's go," said Harry, sitting up, "and I can ask him how come he never mentioned Black when he told me all about my parents!"

Further discussion of Sirius Black wasn't what Ron had had in mind. "Or we could have a game of chess," he said hastily, "or Gobstones. Percy left a set --"

Harry had already made up his mind. "No, let's visit Hagrid,"

A/N: Cassie is definitely going to tell Harry her thoughts on Sirius being innocent, because why not? (That is if I find sometime to write it!) Anyways words cannot describe my love for Callie, she is so iconic!
QOTD: can you guess which part(s) of this chapter is foreshadowing?
AOTD: ofc i can lmao!