~One~

We met in 11th grade. It was a Monday and I was at my locker, taking my books from it. He was talking to his jock group of friends, tossing around a football. Someone throws it to him, and he missed. The ball hit my books, and they spilled to the ground. He came running over, apologizing. He saw that the book I was reading was The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. He picked it up and said, "This is one of my favorites." I agreed, saying that I have always loved young adult books. He asked what I was doing later, and I said I was going to be in the music room, practicing the piano. He soon left, calling that he was going to be there. All of his friends called him whipped. He just looked at me and smiled.

I finished up, and rushed to my best friend, Abbi. I tell her all about the incident with the boy. She wants to me to dress up for him later, but I refuse. It's just not me to dress up for a guy. I stay in the same clothes as I did all day. I walk down to the music room, waiting, practicing. He shows up and listens to me play. He said it was beautiful. He said I was beautiful. He picked up a guitar and played along with my piano. It was one of the best afternoons I had in a long time. Not since my mom left and took my two little sisters with her.

He drove me home since I didn't have a ride. We sat on my front lawn and just talked. For a while we didn't do anything. Just sat there. And then he kissed me. I pulled away and a look of hurt crossed his face. I apologized, saying I wasn't ready. And then he said he had to leave. So he left.