THIRTY-ONE, TALKS WITH DAD!

CASSIE WAS OBSESSED WITH HER KITTEN, Millie Nova Potter, and had taken her everywhere with her that day

CASSIE WAS OBSESSED WITH HER KITTEN, Millie Nova Potter, and had taken her everywhere with her that day. She had a few Christmas gifts to drop off, as she had bought a few things during her first Hogsmeade visit. The full moon was coming up, and Rowan was starting to feel quite ill, so Aurora decided to stay with him in the Gryffindor common room by the fire.

Cassie was walking by herself, her kitten, a box of chocolates and some brown fluffy socks in her hand. Knocking on Remus' door, she heard a small 'Come in' from the other end. Opening the door, Cassie entered and approached him. "Merry Christmas, Dad," She said, ignoring the sadness on the man's face as she put his gifts on his desk. "Thank you for the chocolates, they still are my favourites."

This was the first time she had seen him since that night in the astronomy tower, she remembered the look on his face as he watched her fall, the look on his face as he cast a spell to make her landing more soft. She remembered the pain on his face.

Remus looked at the sweater, "I love your sweater," He told her, "Do you want a hot chocolate? We can have a chat, if you'd like."

Cassie thought about it for a moment. If there was one thing she wanted most in her life, it was for her father to be back in her life. She needed him back in her life. So, she placed her bag of gifts on the floor, and took a seat opposite him. She didn't miss the way Remus' face lit up as he waved his wand to make her a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. "What did you get for Christmas?"

Cassie grinned as she told him all about the gifts she received, "And -- And Harry got me a kitten, look at her, isn't she cute?" She said to Remus, "I named her Millie Nova Potter, considering Harry got her for me."

Remus listened to her as she ranted, he watched the way her entire face lit up as she started rambling about Harry. She rambled about how he helped her when they rode the Hippogriff, and how he was the reason she had a peaceful sleep for the first time in weeks. Remus knew the look on her face all too well, it was the look Lily would have whenever she spoke about James. It was the look of pure adoration, the look of being in love, but she just didn't know it yet.

"Do you like him?" Remus asked after Cassie finished ranting.

Cassie shook her head, "No, of course I don't!" She exclaimed, rolling her eyes. "Everyone thinks that, the girls in my dorm think me and him are dating."

Remus chuckled, "It wouldn't surprise me if you were," He told her, "Ever since you were a baby, you and Harry were all over each other every time James and Lily brought him over ours, with Dumbledore's permission, of course."

Cassie blinked at him, "Dumbledore didn't give permission, did he?"

"Of course he didn't!" Remus shook his head, "But he always knew every time they came over. He would let them stay for an hour or two before he appeared and told them it was time for them to leave. They hated leaving, because seeing you and Harry together was the only sort of joy everyone had during those awful times. When you first met Harry was when you first showed signs of being a metamorphmagus, we all placed bets on when you would get together -- Sirius, of course, kept complaining because he didn't want anybody going near his precious little angel, as he called you. Callie, however, was completely different with Harry. Whenever she saw him looking at you, she used to pick up a toy and throw it at him."

Cassie let out a small laugh, "Well, she's completely different now," She told him, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. "She seems to want me and Harry together more than anyone."

Remus grinned, "I bet not as much as James would," He told her, "He betted when you guys were thirteen, I said fourteen. Lily and Fran, however, had a very specific plan for you guys. They said you guys would have your first kiss Christmas in your guys' fifth year, then be completely awkward around each other, and then get together when you're sixteen after you learn about amortentia."

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Well, I agree with Sirius," She said, her face and hair now pink.

Remus smirked, "Do you, though?"

After Christmas dinner, that Cassie had missed, Harry, Callie, Hermione and Ron were getting worried. As Hermione stayed behind to talk to McGonagall, the other three left the great hall. "Do you think she's okay?" Callie asked the boys.

"I'm sure she's okay, Cal," Ron said, before looking at Harry who was looking on the marauders map. "Where is she?"

Harry looked at the two who were looking at him anxiously, "She's okay," He told them, "She's with Professor Lupin."

Callie let out a sigh of relief, "Of course she is," She muttered, "I'm going to go check on them, I'll meet you at the common room."

First she went to the kitchen to grab two plates off food and the second she got to his office, she knocked on the door lightly. When she heard Remus' voice call out, she entered the office, watching the way his eyes widened due to shock. "Dinner is over," She told them, "So I brought you guys some food."

She passed them a plate each, and they both smiled in gratefulness. "Merry Christmas, Callie," Remus said, "Do you want a cuppa?"

Callie grinned, "Yes, please." She said, taking a seat next to Cassie. "So, what have you guys been talking about?"

Cassie looked at her twin, a grin plastered on her face. "Did you know that when we were babies, you hated Harry?" She asked her, "Well, you threw your toys at him every time he looked at me."

Callie snorted, "Yeah, right."

Remus smiled, "You did," He told her, "Cassie first showed signs of being a metamorphmagus because of Harry. We all had bets on when they would get together."

Cassie looked at Remus, eyes wide. "Don't get her sta --"

"I think they should hurry up and get together, otherwise I might just die," Callie stated, looking at Cassie. "But somebody over here haven't even realised her feelings yet."

A/N: They're finally on good terms with Remus, the others just need to be now. In case anybody was wondering, Cassie got gifts for most of the professors -- Dumbles had a bunch of colourful fluffy socks, GonGon had some biscuits, Pamona had hand-picked flowers in a bouquet ( like every year ), Flitwick had a pink wig, Poppy had a photoframe with a picture Callie had somehow taken of them together during one of her hospital trips, Hagrid had a chocolate cake, and Cassie got Snape shampoo and conditioner because she thought it was funny ( he took ten points off Hufflepuff for her comment on how his hair needs a wash, she even offered to do it for him ).
QOTD: have you guys seen julie and the phantoms?
AOTD: i fucking love it!